Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Lidl is a fast-paced and stressful workplace. However, it pays very well and you always get the correct breaks. I enjoyed the work overall (cleaning, customer service etc), but I had to spend most of my time on the tills which soon became monotonous and tiring. My Lidl was understaffed, often only having 3 or 4 people closing the entire shop; you are expected to complete several tasks very quickly but to an extremely high standard which creates stress. I often ended up working late during my evening shift, especially on Sundays where I sometimes didn't get out until midnight, despite my finishing time being 22:00 or 22:30.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress
Same role

Bad place to work

Get lured into the job with promises of flexibility and a good salary. Training leaves a lot to be desired for, left to your own devices even though new employees get a training plan. Say goodbye to your personal life as you'll get rostered for 30 hours but end up working 40+. Working culture is awful as any requests for flexibility or less hours is seen as laziness. Big culture of talking behind people's backs. Management leaves a lot to be desired, they don't care about employee wellbeing or health. Overall choose this job if you want to lose your self respect and end up burning out.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours, lack of respect for employees
Same roleSame location

Lack of communication

I have never received a feedback on my work. I started working and I thought I was going to learn a little about everything and take turns in the tasks, but after 1 month they put me in the till and I couldn't get out of there and learn more things.They will not prepare the schedules for you in advance (they should give them 3 weeks in advance) but once I was only able to access my schedule a few days before and it was only for 1 week. So you can't make any plans or make doctor appointments if you need to.There's no communication. There are many bosses but none ever knows how to give you the information you need and hardly ever has time for it.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Lack of communication

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • A very fast-paced workplace which can be stressful. The pay is good, but prepare for a pretty intense workplace environment.