Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Fun workplace but not worth the hustle.

I liked working there, but you need to like long hours, I would not recommend it to a friend, but if you really need a job then they pay not that bad.

Same role

Good payment but really stressful

Good payment but really stressfulNot really good balance work x life Poor management Sometimes Start very early or finish late night To much pressure
Same roleSame location

Great pay rate and great Team Work

Fast work environment, needs high attention to details all the time and a Good Team Work. Payments are made monthly and they have a great pay rate per hour.
Same location

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Fun workplace but not worth the hustle.