Lidl
Lidl Employee Review

Good pay, tough environment

9 August 2019
The company offers a fairly good rate, but the work is demanding. Non-social working hours (5am -11pm) and days (closed only 4 days a year) and unpleasant customers.
16 May 2021
Same role
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
They send you to different stores. I get called 4 to 5 times on my days off. There is zero work life balance. Anything you do wrong they will put you under investigation. There's no training and high expectations. Everyone talks behind eachothers backs, management takes everything personally and never trys to meet your needs. They pick favourites and treat them well. I've often worked 4, 12 hour shifts in a row. And only got a 1 hour or half hour break. The contract is also completely false most of it isn't true
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hour's, no breaks, 5am start, 1am finish.
22 February 2021
Same role
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) - Listowel, County Kerry
Particular store I worked at has lost a lot of employees in a short time. Newbies are pushed and pushed to do more and more until it is at an impossible rate. Chastised. Experienced working with staff from a different store and it was night and day. They were fantastic from other store. Management needs a complete rehaul.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Short hours, stressful, horrible work environment
10 July 2019
Same roleSame location
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) - Athy, County Kildare
I don't want to review lidl, terrible at staffing and senior management don't step up, many other companies offer higher wages too. Also it's more of a work your way up to nothing kinda iob, basic contracted hours are only 20hours a week over 7 days .....
  1. Good pay, tough environment