Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Hard work, but paid very well

Have to be ready to work different shifts and weekends, every day/ week is different. Fastpaced, but rewarding. It's very hard to find a job as well paid as in Lidl.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Tough work

I've worked in discount retail managemet for years and although lidl has a great system in place its hard to follow it when you're not given the right tools to do your job. Overall if you can deal with stress and a high pressure job you can deal with lidl manager jobs, if multitasking, delegating tasks or hitting very tight targets is tough for you avoid it at all costs.
Same role

Stressful

Too much work all of the time with not enough staff. Management don’t get proper breaks and have to work well over rostered hours to get the work done.
Same location

A very fast-paced workplace which can be stressful. The pay is good, but prepare for a pretty intense workplace environment.

Lidl is a fast-paced and stressful workplace. However, it pays very well and you always get the correct breaks. I enjoyed the work overall (cleaning, customer service etc), but I had to spend most of my time on the tills which soon became monotonous and tiring. My Lidl was understaffed, often only having 3 or 4 people closing the entire shop; you are expected to complete several tasks very quickly but to an extremely high standard which creates stress. I often ended up working late during my evening shift, especially on Sundays where I sometimes didn't get out until midnight, despite my finishing time being 22:00 or 22:30.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Hard work, but paid very well
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?