Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Hard work for a great salary

Lidl is a great place if you are passionate about retail and want to progress. If you are looking for an easy job do not apply here. They run an extremely lean operation meaning staff are expected to be as productive as possible and you will always be busy. Hours are long and unless you are on a management salary hours are not guaranteed above your contract hours which can start from 10 hours per week. Work life balance here is quite bad.

Pros

great pay and benefits

Cons

long, unsociable hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Tough work

I've worked in discount retail managemet for years and although lidl has a great system in place its hard to follow it when you're not given the right tools to do your job. Overall if you can deal with stress and a high pressure job you can deal with lidl manager jobs, if multitasking, delegating tasks or hitting very tight targets is tough for you avoid it at all costs.

Stressful

Too much work all of the time with not enough staff. Management don’t get proper breaks and have to work well over rostered hours to get the work done.

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Hard work for a great salary