Lidl logo
Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Hardship

If you're not polish, you're an outsider. Never trained. phone calls and texts everyday to cover shifts from staff that called in 'sick'. Often ignored by managers for days if i didn't cover these shifts. No work life balance as i worked every weekend for several months. Five 5 o'clock morning starts in a row. Transferred me to a different store further away from i live without asking.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Only good part is the money

They send you to different stores. I get called 4 to 5 times on my days off. There is zero work life balance. Anything you do wrong they will put you under investigation. There's no training and high expectations. Everyone talks behind eachothers backs, management takes everything personally and never trys to meet your needs. They pick favourites and treat them well. I've often worked 4, 12 hour shifts in a row. And only got a 1 hour or half hour break. The contract is also completely false most of it isn't true

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hour's, no breaks, 5am start, 1am finish.
Same role

Listowel shop toxic environment.

Particular store I worked at has lost a lot of employees in a short time. Newbies are pushed and pushed to do more and more until it is at an impossible rate. Chastised. Experienced working with staff from a different store and it was night and day. They were fantastic from other store. Management needs a complete rehaul.

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

Short hours, stressful, horrible work environment

Lack of communication

I have never received a feedback on my work. I started working and I thought I was going to learn a little about everything and take turns in the tasks, but after 1 month they put me in the till and I couldn't get out of there and learn more things.They will not prepare the schedules for you in advance (they should give them 3 weeks in advance) but once I was only able to access my schedule a few days before and it was only for 1 week. So you can't make any plans or make doctor appointments if you need to.There's no communication. There are many bosses but none ever knows how to give you the information you need and hardly ever has time for it.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Lack of communication

1.6K