Lidl
Lidl Employee Review

Lack of communication

15 December 2020
I have never received a feedback on my work. I started working and I thought I was going to learn a little about everything and take turns in the tasks, but after 1 month they put me in the till and I couldn't get out of there and learn more things.They will not prepare the schedules for you in advance (they should give them 3 weeks in advance) but once I was only able to access my schedule a few days before and it was only for 1 week. So you can't make any plans or make doctor appointments if you need to.There's no communication. There are many bosses but none ever knows how to give you the information you need and hardly ever has time for it.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of communication
16 May 2021
Same role
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
They send you to different stores. I get called 4 to 5 times on my days off. There is zero work life balance. Anything you do wrong they will put you under investigation. There's no training and high expectations. Everyone talks behind eachothers backs, management takes everything personally and never trys to meet your needs. They pick favourites and treat them well. I've often worked 4, 12 hour shifts in a row. And only got a 1 hour or half hour break. The contract is also completely false most of it isn't true
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hour's, no breaks, 5am start, 1am finish.
22 February 2021
Same role
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) - Listowel, County Kerry
Particular store I worked at has lost a lot of employees in a short time. Newbies are pushed and pushed to do more and more until it is at an impossible rate. Chastised. Experienced working with staff from a different store and it was night and day. They were fantastic from other store. Management needs a complete rehaul.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Short hours, stressful, horrible work environment
3 December 2019
Same location
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) - Galway
Have to be ready to work different shifts and weekends, every day/ week is different. Fastpaced, but rewarding. It's very hard to find a job as well paid as in Lidl.
  1. Lack of communication