Lidl Employee Review

Lidl

No life balance at all ,working like dog .to much work for one person .Few years ago was better.Now lidl only cut hours,only rush.lidl dont care about customer and staff.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Is ok

Ok place to work, all depends which RDC you work for.Xmass €50 Lidl gift card bonus is a joke.2 month's xmass songs nonstop, drives staff crazy.Depends on your store Manager - you might forget about weekend's. Plan your days of month in advance

Pros

Good pay, friendly staff

Cons

Xmass songs for 2 month's nonstop. Takes to long to fix a issues with the building
Same role

fast paced environment where you have to work every single minute

You have to be good at almost every aspect of the job if you want to grow, you will be doing many tasks throughout the day, from cleaning and serving customers to filling out paperwork and answering incoming calls. In the beginning, most of your time will be spent packing, restocking on shelves, and serving customers at the checkout. The hardest part of the job is multitasking, sometimes you need to be in two places at the same time, but over time you get used to it. The nice part is getting your work done when you realize you've done your best to offer the best customer service in Lidl.

Pros

Flexible hours, high salary
Same location

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement