Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Listowel shop toxic environment.

Particular store I worked at has lost a lot of employees in a short time. Newbies are pushed and pushed to do more and more until it is at an impossible rate. Chastised. Experienced working with staff from a different store and it was night and day. They were fantastic from other store. Management needs a complete rehaul.

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

Short hours, stressful, horrible work environment

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts
Same role

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress
Same roleSame location

Goodbye self respect.

Toxic company and culture. Good money but most days you leave the place just feeling disrespected and unmotivated. Feedback in this company amounts to a mailbox with a paper shredder inside. HR is only there to cover management's backs as they carry on with an outdated management style of destroying morale and intimidation tactics. Company will never evolve.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Listowel shop toxic environment.