Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Long dull hours in an unrewarding workplace

Started off great and enthusiastic with 40 hours a week when I started off, only negative is you start at 5am most mornings with a highly stressful task of doing the bakery. The job is very repetitive and when you’re on tills all the time once you’re trained in it is incredibly draining. Having to deal with arrogant and rude customer complaints and being harassed also comes with the job and it’s expected to happen, so you must be able to take it in your stride.

Pros

Sunday pay and early morning pay is extra

Cons

Hours always change

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress

Bad place to work

Get lured into the job with promises of flexibility and a good salary. Training leaves a lot to be desired for, left to your own devices even though new employees get a training plan. Say goodbye to your personal life as you'll get rostered for 30 hours but end up working 40+. Working culture is awful as any requests for flexibility or less hours is seen as laziness. Big culture of talking behind people's backs. Management leaves a lot to be desired, they don't care about employee wellbeing or health. Overall choose this job if you want to lose your self respect and end up burning out.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours, lack of respect for employees

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Long dull hours in an unrewarding workplace