Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Loved working here, but it was hard

Worked for Lidl 2002/2004. I sold my soul for the company. If ye want to work hard, and not have any real contact with family or friends go for it. I once got a phone call in Portugal about something that had gone wrong when I wasnt there. The Irish workers don't get the ethics of Lidl. It is hard work, you don't sit on your hole each day It takes over... It's obsessional.. it's hard work. Ye never get out on time. It's never manned properly either.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

No time to spend it

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Tough work

I've worked in discount retail managemet for years and although lidl has a great system in place its hard to follow it when you're not given the right tools to do your job. Overall if you can deal with stress and a high pressure job you can deal with lidl manager jobs, if multitasking, delegating tasks or hitting very tight targets is tough for you avoid it at all costs.

Stressful

Too much work all of the time with not enough staff. Management don’t get proper breaks and have to work well over rostered hours to get the work done.

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Loved working here, but it was hard
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?