Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Nice place to work

Good place to work. Sometimes hard but fairly good.So far can't complain though.Enjoying working there nice people and fair management.Would recommend this shop to work

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Non yet

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts
Same role

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress
Same roleSame location

Dynamic environment that is faced paced

Dynamic and faced paced work environment that requires collaborative and team efforts to run the store with efficiency. Excellent management that provide thorough training for all staff thereby providing opportunities for staff growth, development and promotion.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement