Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Nightmare

I worked there as a deputy manager was thrown straight in the deep end. Normal shift should have been 12-10 pm. Most nights it was 12-12 pm. No training given expected to know everything without being shown. Staff taken advantage off. No break's given or not full amount of time. Just a horrible experience bearing in mind I have probably worked for the top 5 retailers in Europe. These joker's were expecting 3 people to close a huge store from 5 pm until closing and have the shop ready for the opening. Never seen anything like it before in my 15 years in retail.

Pros

Cons

Read my review.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Tough work

I've worked in discount retail managemet for years and although lidl has a great system in place its hard to follow it when you're not given the right tools to do your job. Overall if you can deal with stress and a high pressure job you can deal with lidl manager jobs, if multitasking, delegating tasks or hitting very tight targets is tough for you avoid it at all costs.

Stressful

Too much work all of the time with not enough staff. Management don’t get proper breaks and have to work well over rostered hours to get the work done.

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Nightmare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?