Lidl
Lidl Employee Review

Only good part is the money

16 May 2021
They send you to different stores. I get called 4 to 5 times on my days off. There is zero work life balance. Anything you do wrong they will put you under investigation. There's no training and high expectations. Everyone talks behind eachothers backs, management takes everything personally and never trys to meet your needs. They pick favourites and treat them well. I've often worked 4, 12 hour shifts in a row. And only got a 1 hour or half hour break. The contract is also completely false most of it isn't true
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hour's, no breaks, 5am start, 1am finish.
22 February 2021
Same role
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) - Listowel, County Kerry
Particular store I worked at has lost a lot of employees in a short time. Newbies are pushed and pushed to do more and more until it is at an impossible rate. Chastised. Experienced working with staff from a different store and it was night and day. They were fantastic from other store. Management needs a complete rehaul.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Short hours, stressful, horrible work environment
15 December 2020
Same role
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) - Galway
I have never received a feedback on my work. I started working and I thought I was going to learn a little about everything and take turns in the tasks, but after 1 month they put me in the till and I couldn't get out of there and learn more things.They will not prepare the schedules for you in advance (they should give them 3 weeks in advance) but once I was only able to access my schedule a few days before and it was only for 1 week. So you can't make any plans or make doctor appointments if you need to.There's no communication. There are many bosses but none ever knows how to give you the information you need and hardly ever has time for it.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of communication
18 April 2021
Same location
Project Manager Lidl (Current Employee) - Dublin
Pay is at the top level for Project Managers, however the hours to earn this mean that on a per hour basis you are no better than a regular store worker. Lack of holiday cover means that your tasks remain untouched while away and you are expected to spend as long as possible to catch up on this. Progression is good if you have joined through a graduate program, otherwise members of the team with years of knowledge are passed over.
Pros
Salary, gym on site
Cons
Long Hours, lack of opportunities
  1. Only good part is the money