Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Only good part is the money

They send you to different stores. I get called 4 to 5 times on my days off. There is zero work life balance. Anything you do wrong they will put you under investigation. There's no training and high expectations. Everyone talks behind eachothers backs, management takes everything personally and never trys to meet your needs. They pick favourites and treat them well. I've often worked 4, 12 hour shifts in a row. And only got a 1 hour or half hour break. The contract is also completely false most of it isn't true

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hour's, no breaks, 5am start, 1am finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts
Same roleSame location

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress
Same location

Stressful and toxic place for work

Very stressful and toxic place for work. Life work balance is 0. If you are not ready to get 30 messages a day - even on your day off or when you are on holidays- don’t accept this job. Rota is changing sometimes 3 times a week. Company culture is poor.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Only good part is the money
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?