Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Probably the worst company I have worked for

I have came from many retail jobs into my role in Lidl and it was honestly the worst week that I had working.Management were unfriendly and the staff were mostly cold and unwelcoming. I had to suffer harassment and was forced to cover shifts I politely declined multiple times as I was happy enough just doing my 20hrs, only to be told “that’s not how it works here” after I said I wasn’t happy to cover the shifts.All in all, awful company, low morale, overworked staff, pay is alright but they deliberately hire less staff so they can squeeze everything out of a smaller team which leads to long hours and too much pressure. Stay away.

Pros

The money is okay but when you take all the things you have to suffer it’s not really that great.

Cons

Long hours, low morale, stressful situations to be in whether it’s with customers or with staff.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fast paced and stress

Days went by as very very very fast paced environment.not much time to chit chat..managers not understanding of staff need but overall.good leaning at junior

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Same role

Productive and busy work place

Good working place...Good opportunity to improve yourself and work on a busy retail chain.Positive and helpful environment all around the store,chance to learn different things while working.
Same location

Regional managers behave like they are Gods and do not speak to lower level staff. Unbelievably a bullying culture still exists!!

Great staff in store and indeed all stores but unfortunately that’s where the good story ends! Senior management have not embraced the ‘engaged workforce’ philosophy and unbelievably in these times still behave appallingly and disrespectfully.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement