Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Great staff in store and indeed all stores but unfortunately that’s where the good story ends! Senior management have not embraced the ‘engaged workforce’ philosophy and unbelievably in these times still behave appallingly and disrespectfully.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful and toxic place for work

Very stressful and toxic place for work. Life work balance is 0. If you are not ready to get 30 messages a day - even on your day off or when you are on holidays- don’t accept this job. Rota is changing sometimes 3 times a week. Company culture is poor.
Same role

Well Paid but you work in return.

Well paid with opportunities to progress. No work life balance and a fast paced stressful environment to work in.

Pros

Good Salary, Company car, good exposure to managing

Cons

No work life balance. Working with limited resources. No proper support from area managers
Same location

Probably the worst company I have worked for

I have came from many retail jobs into my role in Lidl and it was honestly the worst week that I had working.Management were unfriendly and the staff were mostly cold and unwelcoming. I had to suffer harassment and was forced to cover shifts I politely declined multiple times as I was happy enough just doing my 20hrs, only to be told “that’s not how it works here” after I said I wasn’t happy to cover the shifts.All in all, awful company, low morale, overworked staff, pay is alright but they deliberately hire less staff so they can squeeze everything out of a smaller team which leads to long hours and too much pressure. Stay away.

Pros

The money is okay but when you take all the things you have to suffer it’s not really that great.

Cons

Long hours, low morale, stressful situations to be in whether it’s with customers or with staff.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Lidl with

• Lidl
  • Regional managers behave like they are Gods and do not speak to lower level staff. Unbelievably a bullying culture still exists!!