Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Room for growth

Overall a good company to work for. I was a customer assistant. Responsibilities included working the till, stocking shelves and general customer service. Excellent training was given before I began working.

Pros

Room for growth and excellent training Good salary overall for new starters Opportunity for overtime

Cons

Shift work can be tough for work-life balance

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts
Same role

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress
Same location

typical day at work

hard work, you had to be fast and efficient, lots of long hours, few breaks, staff not friendly, huge pressure load, cleaning/security guard as well sales assistant for the shop is unacceptable, huge racism problem with this company

Pros

pay

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement