Lidl
Lidl Employee Review

Used to be a great workplace but has been on decline year on year

3 May 2019
Initially, it was a good company to work for but it's been losing it's appeal and with no improvements in the work and practises, it can only get worse. The hours are between 6-10/12hrs long with some longer hours if there are international store visits or inventory prep to be done. It is a good place for students who don't mind working, lazy staff aren't very much welcome or tolerated. If you're lucky to work in a busy store then the time flies but there is always something to do.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Able to have flexible hours if you're studying
Cons
Long hours, Always pressured to impress or do more with no concrete promise of a promotion, Unpleasant work culture.
7 June 2013
Same role
Trainee manager (Former Employee) - Ballincollig
I used to work as a shop assistant in Lidl (Togher) in the past until I was transferred to Lidl in Ballincollig where my position of a shop assistant was promoted to a trainee manager. Lidl has given me experiences in how to work in team, manage many tasks at the same time and how to cope with stress in stressful situations. My work experiences enabled me to work as a team player which gave me knowledge of what a good team player should be like. I also learn, that the completion of work task does not only consist in hard work but also in mutual understanding and helping – these are the main key factors that facilitate the work done efficiently and thoroughly.
Pros
Good salary
11 September 2012
Same role
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) - coolock
At Lidl Ireland the main problem, in my opinion, is that there is a culture of staff having to meet impossible targets within impossible perameters set by higher management.
16 May 2021
Same location
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
They send you to different stores. I get called 4 to 5 times on my days off. There is zero work life balance. Anything you do wrong they will put you under investigation. There's no training and high expectations. Everyone talks behind eachothers backs, management takes everything personally and never trys to meet your needs. They pick favourites and treat them well. I've often worked 4, 12 hour shifts in a row. And only got a 1 hour or half hour break. The contract is also completely false most of it isn't true
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hour's, no breaks, 5am start, 1am finish.
  1. Used to be a great workplace but has been on decline year on year