Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Well Paid but you work in return.

Well paid with opportunities to progress. No work life balance and a fast paced stressful environment to work in.

Pros

Good Salary, Company car, good exposure to managing

Cons

No work life balance. Working with limited resources. No proper support from area managers

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Stressful and toxic place for work

Very stressful and toxic place for work. Life work balance is 0. If you are not ready to get 30 messages a day - even on your day off or when you are on holidays- don’t accept this job. Rota is changing sometimes 3 times a week. Company culture is poor.
Same role

Regional managers behave like they are Gods and do not speak to lower level staff. Unbelievably a bullying culture still exists!!

Great staff in store and indeed all stores but unfortunately that’s where the good story ends! Senior management have not embraced the ‘engaged workforce’ philosophy and unbelievably in these times still behave appallingly and disrespectfully.
Same location

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Well Paid but you work in return.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?