Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

Will ruin your life!

Poor culture and leadership from all levels within the business. Pressure pot at all times and be prepared to be over monitored at all times. Poor work environment, poor work life balance.

Pros

Cons

It’s terrible

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

High responsibility and strong work ethic

Working within Lidl requires a strong work ethic and passion to improve upon your strengths and develop your weaknesses. Lidl are keen for employees to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks. Key focus on achieving organisations KPIs is fundamental to success within the role
Same location

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts
Same location

Good payment

A stressful job, lack of hours, a lot of thinks to do. If working on morning shift you will start at 4, maybe 4.30, pack chilller, meat, fruit&veg. Stores open at 8 and u need to be done with most of the above jobs. After 8 u continue packing...till u go home with u re back in bits.

Pros

Decent payment

Cons

A lot of stress

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement