Lidl
Lidl Employee Review

work

18 March 2021
Your roster can always change ,get called at any time to change your working hours , shifts cancelled if management feels like it ,get sent home early if store isn't doing good enough ,never know what time your break will be ,only get a hour break over 12 hours ,once started at 5am and got a break at 1 PM and finished at 3 pm ,if you use canteen your break could be interrupted to go on till
4.0Job security/advancement
22 February 2021
Same role
Store Assistant (Former Employee) - Dundalk, County Louth
Dismissed while out sick without notification, the injury i was out with was also sustained while working in store. Really loved my job with Lidl and was very good at it, but the company treated me horribly.
Pros
Sakary, hours
Cons
Manage
5 December 2020
Same role
Customer retail assistant (Former Employee) - Castleknock, County Dublin
Overall I had a great experience with lidl the hours are always there if you want them and the pay is very fair. All staff members are extremely helpful to new employees and assist where they can which helped me immensely throughout my stay with lidl! I would 100% recommend Lidl as an ideal place to work in. It is an positive working environment with plenty of support and assistance whenever you need it which is what I loved about Lidl!
Pros
Plenty of support and guidance when needed
29 January 2013
Same location
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) - Donegal, Bundoran, Sligo, Carrick on Shannon
If every thing goes well, you can have a good day at work and every one can be in good spirits, but that is a rare thing. Every day is differant and every job has to be completed as quickly as you can. The faster you work, the more time you have to do other jobs.One advantage is that there is a procedure for every job to be done on a daly basis. Saying this, it also means nothing can be missed as every item that has to be done, has a sign off sheet and if it is not done, there is no excuses. You either get the job done or you leave. The people you work with vary as with every company and can make the differance to having an easy life or a difficult one. The reason for this is, every one deals with the stress differantly and some have a laugh, while others will moan all day long. It all depends on the manager and district manager, as if they are good and organised and communicate well and work well, This reflects in the store and staff. But 1 or 2 i worked with were lazy, disorganised and a bully and life got hard. Saying all this, the pay is good, ranging from 38k up to 44k. I was on 42k when i left and misss the money now, but i left because i have a daughter and wanted to spend more time with her.
Pros
good pay and benefits, including pension, health insurance
Cons
long hours, stressfull and very high paced environment.