Lidl

Lidl

Lidl Employee Review

You control your development

Working in Lidl has given me the opportunity to grow and develop. As long as I want to keep growing, Lidl provides me with the opportunity. Work hard and you get rewarded.

Pros

2 days working from home, free parking, on site gym, very modern office and plenty of freebies all the time!

Cons

If you dont like working hard this isnt for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

Good for progression

Flexible workimg hours, on site canteen, company car.Moving from operations to head office the work becomes too slow but the work life balance improves.
Same location

Found management hard to deal with

When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement