Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,553 reviews

It’s ok for a while , decent pay

Job is alright for a while , pay is ok , that’s about the only benefit you really have tho. The work is not full time and you will be called on your days off to work. Overall it is ok I have met many nice people working along there but I would not recommend it as a long term work place. Bad management and bullying is a real thing there. If you are out of a job and would rather work while looking for a new job it’s a good Place to be.

Pros

Hourly rate and nice team mates

Cons

Poor management

A good place to work given a good manager

Your experience to an extent depends on the kind of management you have in your branch. In my case, I had a considerate manager. No doubt working in Lidl can be quite intensive, if you like hardwork and you want the pay, you will go through with it.In general, I had a great time.

Good people.

Loved every minute of working there. Good managers. Helpful staff. I did my daily rota and was left alone because the manager trusted me to get the work done.

Always something to do ,,always things to learn x

Fast pace environment, not like other retailers ,you start at the bottom and work you way up ,be part of a team but can work independently at times ,the training has come a long way since I began which is positive

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Can be long hours

Not a good place to work

Stay away from this place! There are no bonuses, management team sucks there expectation is too high the place is a death trap also there’s no rotation, low salary, too much work and there is no health safety!

Pros

Cons

No life

Moderne Sklaverei

Man wird im Frei, Urlaub oder Krank ständig per WhatsApp drangsaliert. Einspringen wenn man frei hat ist an der Tagesordnung und wird auch erwartet. Meist hat man dann nur 1 freien Tag zur Erholung. Die übrigen Mitarbeiter sind alle gestresst und genervt weil von oben immer mehr Druck kommt. Als Neuling wird einem das Leben sehr schwer gemacht und man bekommt nur selten ein Lob. Körperlich wie auch psychisch macht einen dieser Job und diesen Bedingungen kaputt!

Bully driven company, evident throughout the entire managemant structare at both region and head office level

A good company to work for if your face fits and dont mimd working long hours. I was upper managementand got nullied to work for head office and made to live apart of my family Eventually got to go home amd things weren't the same so quit. Appauling cleaning standards nationally in diatributition centers.

Just awful wish I'd listened to the other reviews on here!

No work life balance. Management poor. Blind eye turned for those in favour but those who are not are picked up for every minor fault.. Horrible culture. Spare your mental health and avoid. Terribly understaffed because people join and leave! I'm sure some stores are.ok but my store is awful.

Pros

Discount.

Cons

Hours.

Productive and fun

Very good company to work for. Employees are well looked after. Pay per hour is really good. Working hours are very flexible. Overall great company to work for

Environnement stressant et humiliant

Au début c est grand sourire car difficulté de recrutement. Ils mentent énormément lors de la journée d’intégration car l’expérience terrain est différente. Humiliation, boulot de 4 personnes à faire seul . Toujours chronométré pour tout. On doit également faire agent de sécurité… et tout ca pour un salaire de misère…. De l’exploitation !!

Overall good but you have to work so fast

The work is to picking so if you are comfortable to pick heavy items then it’s easier for you. I had a backbone problem that’s why had to leave the job. Overall it was good. Nice people and nice environment to work.

Stressful but can be rewarding

The work is very stressful at times, which comes with the retail territory really.Depending on the store you work for, the management can be either amazing or horrible. On many occasions, you will be contacted, sometimes in the middle of the night, to cover extra shifts and might be treated badly if you don't accept these. Sadly, I was not supported in career progression AT ALL, even though other customer assistants were promoted months after hire. The training itself is extensive and prepares you well for the job. The pay is all right for an entry role.

Terrible management and understaffed

Management always push staff to get tasks done in an unachievable time frame and then shout at you when you can’t meet their ridiculous expectations. There is no support from management, Rota’s are changed constantly so you have no life. You are always there after your supposed finishing time too.

If you genuinely hate your life, come work here.

Terrible work environment. Store manager basically runs a dictatorship here. Doesnt care about employees and expects too much. Life changing experience in the sense that I've never been more depressed in my entire life. They work off of an undertime scheme and if THEY don't give you your contracted hours, they will start taking your money off of your pay in coming months. Absolute shambles of a company and management team. Avoid Avoid.

Exhausting

Have many years if experience with another grocery chain and they made me come in the door as an order selector and said this was only way in to be able to move to other positions. This is not a job for most women and us a very hard job physically. Asked to move to another job that I am more suited for and they refused. I have a lot if knowledge and experience in other areas to offer this company and they told me I had to perform this job for 1 year before moving to another position. I didnt last 1 month and quit.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Cant keep help

Mentally draining

If you want your mental wellbeing and soul to stay intact then look elsewhere. People say it pays well. Nothing pays well when it's you mental health at risk. I was promised multiple things if I worked harder and got nothing. Get left to mop up after lazy workers and always left in the ditch with minimal staff and maximum workload. Steer clear!!!!!!!

No se lo deseo ni ha mi peor enemigo.....😓

Muy mala....creía que se había abolido la esclavitud,menos en lidel....

Pros

Que te esploten laboralmente

Cons

Que sea legal que te esploten laboralmente

Travail désagréable

Quelques mois dans la société, salaire trop faible par rapport au travail fourni, ce tuer le dos pour 0 reconnaissance ou prime ne vaut pas le coût

Pros

Horaire aménageable

Cons

Le reste

Meh

Decent place to work if you have good managers but unfortunately I had terrible managers who never spoke to each other so they had different expectations of you. They will complain about productivity but every time you would go into the toilet (which is right next to the staff room) there would be at least 2-3 managers casually chatting away while drinking coffee. Openly making fun of fellow employees while they do nothing but give out unrealistic targets to hit

Pros

holiday pay

Cons

Bad pay for what you have to deal with on a daily basis

Gute Bezahlung/sehr stressig

Bei lidl iat diw Bezahlung und die zusatz zahlung immer gut gewesen... Nur die Vereinbarung Familie /Beruf in einer Führungsposition ist nicht möglich. Kaum Verständnis. Sehr stressig und zu wenig Zeit für die Aufgaben die erledigt werden müssen...

It was great

It was nice working with prestigious people. I would recommend anyone out there to work for lidl retail store. It was well-structured. I was always happy going to work

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement