Lidl Employee Reviews in Cork

It can be hard theymust she how u work under preassure, it can be tough as u stay late cause store closes at 10pm.overall good payment.lot of overtime if u want.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Brutal company who don’t mind there staff , only a number there , no training , no development, and all fake . No work life balance and punished for been sick .
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyed the relaxed yet fast paced and team dynamic . Very good company structure . Good hours and flexible shift times and great customer staff repour .
Excellent paid . Plenty of overtime if wanted. Busy environment. Would recommend to any one to apply, if your up for a challenge. Dealing with customer can be a pleasure, good chats !!
If you are willing to put your life on hold and earn some good money this is the job for you! Long hours at times unsociable, extremely physical workload in somewhat unrealistic time constraints
No work life balance No shift rotation including weekends therefore no life. Management are on another level talking down to employees. If your not management you wont be involved in anything, even conversations. You would work a 10 hour shift and after starting your shift an hour later you are sent on break leaving you 8 to 9 hours without a break and food. Higher management do not care no point in complaining. Constantly breaking legal requirements eg. an 11 to 12 hour gap between shifts. Often found myself working 10 days in a row. Do not dare ask a question as you will recieve abuse. No training given to new staff. Building and moving tables, shelves, heavy items and stock in and of warehouses and freezers etc. That could be twice the average persons bodyweight. No health and safety. My first 3 months were ok my last 9 to 10 months were a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Bad management, No shift rotation, awful treatment by management, no life at all I never seen my kid or partner, No consideration for staff, all around bad place to work
Lidl is a great place to develop a retail knowledge. While it is an extremely tough job, it is also very rewarding. I have enjoyed my time with Lidl but now feel the need to look elsewhere to try establish a better work life balance.
Pros
salary
Cons
not for everyone, store managment staff often frustrated due to pressure from higher managment. if one wants to move up it needs to deal with it. carrot is often offered but rarely delivered.
Pros
salary, i guess
Cons
no work life balance for store managment positions
A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time.Enjoyed working there, learned a lot of new skills.I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team.Its time to move. Unfortunately often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company, often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift.No time for private live.!! Lidl breach Health and Safety Regulation regarding to employee and his/her ergonomic friendly place to work.
Pros
Good Salary Pension Plan Medical Insurance
Cons
No Life Balance
its a nightmare to work for. No proper training is provided and you been put on pack out straight away. There are time limit for everything even they would except on your first day you should do like who is working for last 10 years. Same goes with bakery. Believe me you dont want be be in bakery. No proper training provided and on your second day manager will come to you and bully you why you are late. Managers and trainee managers are bullies. They would bully you until you quite the job. 11.50 per hour but you will work until you collapsed
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Bad Management
:split shift and busy day,working 15 to 16 hour day. a new experience dealing a costumers. my co worker was good. the hardest part of the job was starting 5 o'clock in the morning. the most enjoyable part was when you talking to costumers.
Pros
lestining music
Cons
busy work
i enjoy my time working here.there is great morale within the store.