Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews in Dublin

Great pay rate and great Team Work
Fast work environment, needs high attention to details all the time and a Good Team Work.
Payments are made monthly and they have a great pay rate per hour.
No social life and no training
Had multiple induction days where we were told we would be getting trained in on numerous different things in the lidl shop. On my first day of work here I was put straight onto the till after being told at my induction day that I would not be put onto a till for the first four weeks of work here. From then on I havent been treated well by the manager and he always seems to be looking for something to give out to me about.
High Paced and Energetic Environment
Working in Lidl require energy and fast pace. It's almost the same routine and everything has to be done on time. From packing out fresh fruit and veggie, baking and cleaning the store to make everything perfect to our customers. After Till work has to be done and no queue should be made on till's.
fun place to work and amazing opportunities to grow
I worked full time with lidl based on contracted hours ,everyday would be different we all played key roles throughout the day given different duties working with a great team made the job a much happier place to work in and enjoy your work,getting to know customers and hearing good feedback on what difference or impact you had made on their day was always rewarding , I was very blessed to have really friendly loyal customers that i had gotten to know ,the hardest part of the job would be trying do deal with an irate customer if they did not understand or agree with the store policies ,usually in circumstances where a customer would be upset i would try myself to calm the situation and offer a solution nine times out of ten they would calm down and the manager would not need to be called .Overall i really enjoyed working here i learned a lot and grew a lot to where i was in a position to till train new employees or train employees on the bakery.
Pros
getting trained in various positions in store
Cons
being on contract hours sometimes your shift could be cut
sales assistant
Hello,I'm looking for sales assistant job,also can working for security,have experience,I am sociable, responsible,I'm serious look the work assigned to me
lots of pressure ,like at prison for employer
- a day is hardest at lidl for service customers

-- i know how to make conversation with good manner ,fun...

- the managment don't have good conection with employee

-the best art in Lidl is sitting on the checkout:)
Hard work but paid well.
I was promoted after nine months - there was always an opportunity for promotion, advancement or transfer to another store etc. internal opportunities with the company are very good.
Management culture is better than other places as lots of managers have worked up the chain and therefore know what they are asking of their staff - obviously some people are always going to be unfair, or let a promotion go to their heads. But there was always support for staff from other aspects of management and problems could be resolved quickly and efficiently.

Working here is hard, long hours, very stressful environment - its like being in a gym, doing a total workout for the length of your shift and you are being bombarded by questions from customers who did not care how much you are sweating unless you are sweating for them. Found working in smaller town stores much better than working in the city - city stores carry the same amount of staff despite the fact that there is a much larger footfall through the doors. There is also not much attention paid to whether or not he staff on duty can physically do the job at hand - as some staff members prove themselves better than others they will find more pressure being placed on them to carry others. For example, recent changes to till speed records - In previous years each member of staff was required to scan thirty-five items per minute through the checkout, this is achievable with practice, I averaged forty itemsper minute without trying after four years with the company, but there are others who still cannot reach twenty items per minute.
 - more...
Pros
Very good wages.
Cons
Long hours, exploitation of hard workers.
Productive, good salary
Good place to work with good hourly salary, good internal opportunities available.
Pros
good salary
Cons
less hours to work per week
good place to work
I would arrive in work about 6am sign in then go to the freezer and get the bakery ready to be filled for the day then at 8:45 go to the office were I would collect my till and go to my station were I would wait for the shop to open then after a few hours on the till I would go get some pallets of fruit and veg and check the shop floor to see what needs refilled and check other areas of the shop to see what else needs rotated then I would clock out and go home.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
very lomg hours