Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews in Galway, County Galway

Galway, County Galway3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,370 reviews

A very fast-paced workplace which can be stressful. The pay is good, but prepare for a pretty intense workplace environment.

Lidl is a fast-paced and stressful workplace. However, it pays very well and you always get the correct breaks. I enjoyed the work overall (cleaning, customer service etc), but I had to spend most of my time on the tills which soon became monotonous and tiring. My Lidl was understaffed, often only having 3 or 4 people closing the entire shop; you are expected to complete several tasks very quickly but to an extremely high standard which creates stress. I often ended up working late during my evening shift, especially on Sundays where I sometimes didn't get out until midnight, despite my finishing time being 22:00 or 22:30.

Lack of communication

I have never received a feedback on my work. I started working and I thought I was going to learn a little about everything and take turns in the tasks, but after 1 month they put me in the till and I couldn't get out of there and learn more things.They will not prepare the schedules for you in advance (they should give them 3 weeks in advance) but once I was only able to access my schedule a few days before and it was only for 1 week. So you can't make any plans or make doctor appointments if you need to.There's no communication. There are many bosses but none ever knows how to give you the information you need and hardly ever has time for it.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Lack of communication

Hard work, but paid very well

Have to be ready to work different shifts and weekends, every day/ week is different. Fastpaced, but rewarding. It's very hard to find a job as well paid as in Lidl.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement