Lidl Employee Reviews in Newbridge, County Kildare

If you work hard, you can quickly find respect and further opportunities, very competitive job, long hours, highly stressful at times, but can be managed with experience.
Working time is not fixed and variable due to the company. Required high performances in a bad working environment. Which is stay whole day in a chiller or whole day picking heavy stuff. Good muscle and back needed, u have to bend down your body everytime to pick up the goods and they don't care about your work safety.
Untrustworthy management culture. Work/life balance is non existent. Staff members constantly walking on eggshells. Main objective is to reach unrealistic targets at all costs. Employees come second.
Typical day at work is very monotony, specially if you have to only picking products for 8-10 hours, and if you work hard supervisors give you more hard work. Advise- don't show them you are very hard worker from first day, beacause they will use you, think about your health ( even if you are strong, after few months picking, problems with back will start).
Pros
free coffee and tea, free fruits
Cons
don't pay for breaks
Easy to get injured,high pallets,loads of straps,plastics,pieces of wood,cardboards on the floor,they have “pick rates” “targets” which is 250 boxes per hour average,you cannot reach them using manual handling so you have to bend your back not your knees,most of the times problems to receive holiday pay or sickness pay,lots of strange changes in working time every week,never know what time you finish,only know what time you start,in the event of fire they not evacuate people but send them to pick in different area of warehouse,i wouldn’t recommend it to anybody
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Worst job on earth such bad pay for back breaking work your kept for hours after your finish time like a slave and you don't get paid for your breaks as if the pay wasn't bad enough avoid at all costs
Pros
No pros whatsoever
Cons
Long hours poor pay bad management
No team work Not safe place to work A lot of strange changes in working time Bad treatment of employees by superiors good pay for an hour but at the moment he is doing everything that would not be overtime, hence the lack of hours
Pros
No pay for brake
Cons
Mangers don't care about u as a person they treat you like a robot .nothing is never good enough for them they always want more..it's a dump and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody unless your the same nationality as the floor supervisor and manager...mainly polish or Latvian then you will get on just fine.
Pros
Leaving this dump
Cons
Taken this job
Success of this company is based on a lie. You can't ask for anything but if you try then be prepared to meet a wall. This is perfect job only for young physically fit people without kids or even partner. Really easy to get injured when working especially in fruit & veg dept. Loads of straps, pallets, pieces of broken palles on the floor. If You will hit their targets they gonna always ask for more and more. Maybe stores is a different place.. Management cares only about numbers. You must ask even before goin to the toilet. And the last thing is You work really fast then You can get like 6 hours if not they will make a problems even to work those contracted ones.
A very fast paced environment.Process driven roles.Rigid systems structure.Varied challenges daily .Moving technically in the right direction.will improve over time
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Long Hours
Great job if you are willing to make your live a Lidl life. Spent more time in that kip over Christmas than I did at home with my family. They will work you like a dog if you are new because all the employees with contracts are lazy and can't be fired apparently. You will be told to pick 250 boxes an hour which is against h+s manual handling forget about it. There is fruit pallets in there that are over 6 ft in height and you have to pick them which means lifting above shoulder height. Managers are on a power trip and don't care about you but they have these "team talks" and other rubbish to make you think they care. Terrible place to work .. monthly pay and your first month you will only be paid for 20 hour weeks after doing a full month in hand
Pros
Good canteen, most colleagues are nice
Cons
Long hours, always being guilt tripped into overtime, managers haven't a clue
Work hard and get well paid. excellent benefits and training provided. Lots of opportunities to progress if you put in the work and are flexible. You will work very hard here.
Fantastic opportunities for staff. Excellent training and internal progression. Treat all staff very well and great overall culture in the organisation.
Worst mistake of my life taking this job. Starting at 1 pm and not allowed leave till everything is done which usually was 1 or 2am. Ideal job for someone who has no life, no partner and definitely no kids. A robot basically.
A typical day in Lidl was constantly changing and was challenging from all aspects. Maintaining a tight ship was not always easy but I thrived on the constant challenges. My job title was a store manager but it was imperative to work as a team player to gain respect from our staff and to get the jobs done. I had to liaise daily with head office on store productivity and any problems which arose. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Lidl as I learned a lot about the business and gained the confidence in knowing I was capable of such a sought after position. But the hardest part of the job for me was the strict time schedules, there was not one week that went past that I didn't have to do overtime( up to 10 hours weekly not paid after maybe a 12-15 hour shift) due to the business in store.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Extremely Long Hours
zero work life balance if they could get ya to work 24 hours a day they would,and justify it by saying...."well everyone does it" bad atmosphere to work in, everybody has their own agenda,staff relationships are non existence to sum the place up in 1 line i would say lidl is a comunist company run by capitalists
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad atmosphere
Upon completing my Masters in Business Management I began the graduate program with Lidl Ireland. The first 6 months of the program was designated to sales training where I began on the shop floor as an assistant and progressed to running my own store and controlling all of the variables that go along with that role (staff/customers/inventory). As Store Manager, the Blakestown, Ireland store improved its regional and national position on the WIP’s league (write-off’s/inventory/productivity). As well as exceeding the targets I also solved some vital personnel issues within the store, which I feel enabled the team to work more efficiently and going forward they will be in a better position to achieve the targets again. After the sales training I joined the accounts and finance team within head office. After a brief training of all the functions of the department I settled into my own role and was responsible for the cash management of all 170 stores within Lidl Ireland and Lidl Northern Ireland.
  1. Newbridge, County Kildare