Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews in Newbridge, County Kildare

Newbridge, County Kildare23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,201 reviews

Fun place

Good place to work. Good pay, nice peoples. If you work and mind your own bussines everything is ok. It is the best warehouse i worked. Do not listen peoples that say it is a bad place ( if you are lazy , all the places you work are not good ).

Pros

Good pay

Hate here

Bad place to work for. Would not recommend anyone to work in this company. Every manager in this company are on a ego trip. They need to listen to their staff and stop being so obnoxious. They are not the only ones in that company that are having a stressful day. They make employees work so hard in that company as if it was a concentration camp. Their staff are run off their feed running around doing picks, and I mean it can get so stressful at times. It gets so bad that the managers will keep employees in work as long as they can, just to pick the goods! Even if your are burnt out and even though you are trying to clock-out on time. They will Force you to stay behind! By threatening you that you will lose your job if you don’t stay behind and pick the last remaining goods. They just don’t care as long as you keep the paste up and pick over 5000 a day or even more. Which is a lot. Because they are on a big Commission if they get the goods out on time and get so many out on a day!

Good workplace

Good place to workFast paces environmentGood team members that you end up working withSubsidized meals from the canteen and a staff gym with free use

Pros

Subsidized meals etc

Cons

Hr team

Expect to much from the individuals that are working there.

It has to be by far the worse place I have ever worked. The managers do not give a care about your well being. All they want is production, fast pace, no proper breaks, get Complaints from your DLM for not picking up the pace even if you getting the products out on time! I was doing over 2500 picks a day and this wasn’t sufficient for them. They just want more and more out of you. They just can not hold employees because of the high tensity of pressure you get from your “DLM” as they call themselves. It’s a disgrace.

Pros

Cons

As mentioned above

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

Good people

At Lidl Ireland, we are a big and ambitious team. Bursting onto the Irish grocery market in 2000, we have changed the face of shopping for the better with top quality products made available at the lowest possible prices. With over 5,000 colleagues across 190 sites across Ireland and Northern Ireland, we know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Not keeping people who give everything to the job

Hard work pays off

If you work hard, you can quickly find respect and further opportunities, very competitive job, long hours, highly stressful at times, but can be managed with experience.

Work life not balance

Working time is not fixed and variable due to the company. Required high performances in a bad working environment. Which is stay whole day in a chiller or whole day picking heavy stuff. Good muscle and back needed, u have to bend down your body everytime to pick up the goods and they don't care about your work safety.

Untrustworthy management culture

Untrustworthy management culture. Work/life balance is non existent. Staff members constantly walking on eggshells. Main objective is to reach unrealistic targets at all costs. Employees come second.

busy environment

Typical day at work is very monotony, specially if you have to only picking products for 8-10 hours, and if you work hard supervisors give you more hard work. Advise- don't show them you are very hard worker from first day, beacause they will use you, think about your health ( even if you are strong, after few months picking, problems with back will start).

Pros

free coffee and tea, free fruits

Cons

don't pay for breaks

Terrible place to work

Easy to get injured,high pallets,loads of straps,plastics,pieces of wood,cardboards on the floor,they have “pick rates” “targets” which is 250 boxes per hour average,you cannot reach them using manual handling so you have to bend your back not your knees,most of the times problems to receive holiday pay or sickness pay,lots of strange changes in working time every week,never know what time you finish,only know what time you start,in the event of fire they not evacuate people but send them to pick in different area of warehouse,i wouldn’t recommend it to anybody

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Slave labour

Worst job on earth such bad pay for back breaking work your kept for hours after your finish time like a slave and you don't get paid for your breaks as if the pay wasn't bad enough avoid at all costs

Pros

No pros whatsoever

Cons

Long hours poor pay bad management

not good work permanently

No team work Not safe place to work A lot of strange changes in working time Bad treatment of employees by superiors good pay for an hour but at the moment he is doing everything that would not be overtime, hence the lack of hours

Pros

No pay for brake

Cons

Worst place i have evet worked in...

Mangers don't care about u as a person they treat you like a robot .nothing is never good enough for them they always want more..it's a dump and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody unless your the same nationality as the floor supervisor and manager...mainly polish or Latvian then you will get on just fine.

Pros

Leaving this dump

Cons

Taken this job

The worst nightmare that you could dream about

Success of this company is based on a lie. You can't ask for anything but if you try then be prepared to meet a wall. This is perfect job only for young physically fit people without kids or even partner. Really easy to get injured when working especially in fruit & veg dept. Loads of straps, pallets, pieces of broken palles on the floor. If You will hit their targets they gonna always ask for more and more. Maybe stores is a different place.. Management cares only about numbers. You must ask even before goin to the toilet. And the last thing is You work really fast then You can get like 6 hours if not they will make a problems even to work those contracted ones.

Lidl

A very fast paced environment.Process driven roles.Rigid systems structure.Varied challenges daily .Moving technically in the right direction.will improve over time

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Long Hours

Worst place I've ever worked

Great job if you are willing to make your live a Lidl life. Spent more time in that kip over Christmas than I did at home with my family. They will work you like a dog if you are new because all the employees with contracts are lazy and can't be fired apparently. You will be told to pick 250 boxes an hour which is against h+s manual handling forget about it. There is fruit pallets in there that are over 6 ft in height and you have to pick them which means lifting above shoulder height. Managers are on a power trip and don't care about you but they have these "team talks" and other rubbish to make you think they care. Terrible place to work .. monthly pay and your first month you will only be paid for 20 hour weeks after doing a full month in hand

Pros

Good canteen, most colleagues are nice

Cons

Long hours, always being guilt tripped into overtime, managers haven't a clue

Great job satisfaction.

Work hard and get well paid. excellent benefits and training provided. Lots of opportunities to progress if you put in the work and are flexible. You will work very hard here.

Great Place to work

Fantastic opportunities for staff. Excellent training and internal progression. Treat all staff very well and great overall culture in the organisation.

Concentration camp

Worst mistake of my life taking this job. Starting at 1 pm and not allowed leave till everything is done which usually was 1 or 2am. Ideal job for someone who has no life, no partner and definitely no kids. A robot basically.

Lidl Ireland- Fast-Paced Environment

A typical day in Lidl was constantly changing and was challenging from all aspects. Maintaining a tight ship was not always easy but I thrived on the constant challenges. My job title was a store manager but it was imperative to work as a team player to gain respect from our staff and to get the jobs done. I had to liaise daily with head office on store productivity and any problems which arose. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Lidl as I learned a lot about the business and gained the confidence in knowing I was capable of such a sought after position. But the hardest part of the job for me was the strict time schedules, there was not one week that went past that I didn't have to do overtime( up to 10 hours weekly not paid after maybe a 12-15 hour shift) due to the business in store.

Pros

Great Money

Cons

Extremely Long Hours

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Newbridge, County Kildare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?