Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews in Tullamore, County Offaly

Tullamore, County Offaly2 reviews

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,377 reviews

friendly atmosphere, great team attitude

I have worked with Lidl Ireland for over 1 year and i really enjoyed my time working for the company. My day would usually consist of taking in orders and organising the warehouse upon delivery.

Pros

Great attitude in store

Cons

Lidl

My most important responsibility is to achieve sales. I spend most of my day on the shop floor, talking directly to potential customers and trying to establish their needs. I have a very thorough knowledge of our product range so, if they’re unsure of their decision, I can give them appropriate advice. I can also steer them towards other – perhaps more expensive – product lines that they haven’t already considered. By building rapport with the customer – and addressing any concerns they may have – I have a good chance of closing the sale. I also aim to up-sell on the till where possible, so as to maximise the value of each new customer. Among other responsibilities I help to control stock levels and liaise with head office accordingly so as to make sure we are neither over-stocked nor under-stocked. I am also involved in the financial management of the branch, working alongside the Branch Manager to put together monthly reports, etc. Given my level of experience, I am also tasked with helping to bring on board new members of staff, training them in our systems and helping them to maximise their sales potential.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement