Lidl Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 5,908 reviews
Great workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo25 February 2020
When I started in lidl I thought it was impossible but when I settled into the swing of the the fast pase busy days it was easy it becomes second nature.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry3 February 2020
Very supportive from the management side. Good hours and good money. Very friendly environment, fast and busy environment for work but enjoyable I personally higher recommend.
I would recommend Lidl
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork5 January 2020
Excellent paid . Plenty of overtime if wanted. Busy environment. Would recommend to any one to apply, if your up for a challenge. Dealing with customer can be a pleasure, good chats !!
hard working
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sligo10 December 2019
Lidl has a fast paced environment but has a great team. When working in Lidl you always feel that you are part of a team and that you are supported. I feel my team working skills have been enhanced as well as my problem-solving skills from having to think of solutions to customer complaints and issues that may arise in the store as fast as possible.
Good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonee, County Meath2 December 2019
Typical day at work
Management put a pressure on targets
Good money but hard work
Strange culture between employees
Fight for hours
Flexible time shifts
Stressful and pressure
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tipperary30 October 2019
Under stress constantly , poor hours , 3 things 1 person , always under time pressure , not enough staff on shifts , heavy lifting every day , early starts late finishes
Dynamic environment that is faced paced
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow25 September 2019
Dynamic and faced paced work environment that requires collaborative and team efforts to run the store with efficiency. Excellent management that provide thorough training for all staff thereby providing opportunities for staff growth, development and promotion.
Place works u like a dog and environment was like a prison no taking to each othe no let up on ur shifts u cud be 6hrs into palets off trucks. No stop
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland12 September 2019
A family death got me sacked was out for 3 days told em I was sick and failed my probation, Thats not right, is like a nazii camp. Really is so bad tlo work in voices are not heared
Always kept busy
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Mayo11 September 2019
Worked in Lidl for about a year, your always kept busy time goes really fast. Management were really nice and hardworking. Only thing was the hours, either having to work too early or too late, mostly at Christmas and summer.
Customer Assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buncrana, County Donegal10 September 2019
Only good thing about this company is the wages but you work for every penny that you earn as nothing is easy about working here. You have no life outside of lidl as your called in all the time for extra shifts to cover people. Managers could do with some basic training on how to actually treat their staff with some respect rather than treat them like the dirt on their shoes. Being tore to shreds for simple errors and never praised. Mental bullying at its finest
14 years of Experience with Lidl as duty manager and customer assistance
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tralee, County Kerry18 August 2019
Lidl is great place to Work, I have learned a lot from Lidl, How to deal with people, how to work in different department, Experience as a duty manager, office, cashier, bakery, shop-floor, all general duties, we work as a team, you can workout your shift with the store manager if you’re not happy with your hours, I can’t say Hardest part of the Job because no job is easy, the most enjoyable part of the job when I got 500€ Lidl vouchers
Good pay, tough environment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athy, County Kildare9 August 2019
The company offers a fairly good rate, but the work is demanding. Non-social working hours (5am -11pm) and days (closed only 4 days a year) and unpleasant customers.
Hardship
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland30 July 2019
If you're not polish, you're an outsider. Never trained. phone calls and texts everyday to cover shifts from staff that called in 'sick'. Often ignored by managers for days if i didn't cover these shifts. No work life balance as i worked every weekend for several months. Five 5 o'clock morning starts in a row. Transferred me to a different store further away from i live without asking.
Love lidl.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 July 2019
Lidl is a great place to work I’ve worked there for the past year. Pay is very good. It’s a fast paste job you need to have some strength to lift heavy boxes and pull big pallets and it’s a very early start.
Great and Professional work place.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare17 July 2019
Really enjoy working for Lidl, great people, great management, also great money, cant complain about hours.. You want part Time or full Time its dosent matter everything is organised well for Your needs.
Highly recomended!
.its not great working for this company
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athy, County Kildare10 July 2019
I don't want to review lidl, terrible at staffing and senior management don't step up, many other companies offer higher wages too. Also it's more of a work your way up to nothing kinda iob, basic contracted hours are only 20hours a week over 7 days .....
Expect too much from you
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland9 July 2019
Long shifts , never get out on time , left on tills for 10/12 hours a day not very friendly , great wage is probably the only good thing about working for them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours, never out on time
Was told I had the job, then dumped a few days before starting.
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Bantry, County Cork4 February 2019
Was offered a job by phone and went in and got my uniform fitted. Was told to go to charleville for training a week or so later. Three days before the training was to start I got an email thanking me for attending interview but I won't be able to have the job. Didn't even bother ringing me to say this. Could not recommend working for a company who treats people like this, but on the bright side judging from the other reviews I am probably better off not working there. Avoid.
Pros
The pay is meant to be decent
Cons
1 person has to do the job of 4, management are a joke, expected to memorise a lot of codes.
Okay wirkplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2019
Decent place to work management isn’t the best, sometimes work/life balance can be overwhelming as you can work up to 3 12 hour shifts per week........
Not too bad for beginners
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  IE7 January 2019
Not too bad for beginners. Long hours, poor work-life balance, salary is not too bad, long shifts, over hours, nice people working there so you can build some friendships

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K