Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant in Dublin

Okay wirkplace
Decent place to work management isn’t the best, sometimes work/life balance can be overwhelming as you can work up to 3 12 hour shifts per week........
Love lidl.
Lidl is a great place to work I’ve worked there for the past year. Pay is very good. It’s a fast paste job you need to have some strength to lift heavy boxes and pull big pallets and it’s a very early start.
A toxic work culture.
There is a reason why the rate of pay is relatively high, so beware of that on embarking on work here.

I found not all, but some of the staff to be stifling aloof,

Peassimistic and stand-offish. The staff there were rather cliquey. There was little emphasis on team work or bonding. Many People don't greet each other or ever speak.

I couldn't ever see myself integrating to be apart of a 'team', as there was no team there. There was no shop morale. I found one of the deputy managers in particular to be bitter, sharp and impatient, well just simply unhappy, but perhaps that's because of the pressure there put under in Lidl.

I found I wasnt valued as a worker there by certain members of staff, either you fit perfectly into the tightly run institution of Lidl, or you can get lost. There's no even reasonable accommodations to be made for Lidl employees. It's not uncommon to go very long periods with not only not having a break (6 hours) but then on one case, being ordered that your break was shortened.

I was miserable there, with co-workers often always complaining, if not about the store, their own lives. Many of my co-workers seemed unhappy.

I would never work in Lidl again.
Pros
A relatively high rate of pay, and that's it.
Cons
Unhappy work culture and a peassimistic atmosphere.
Busy environment, always something to do
Lidl is a really fast paced working environment, you'll always have a task to do and sometimes it will feel like there aren't enough hours to get everything done!
A typical day in job consists of working the tills, (Only the bare minimum of cashiers to service customers so always expect a queue)

cleaning up any floor spills, carrying spoiled or damaged products to the back of house, baking and laying out the fresh bread, moving pallets, cashing up, if you're on the closing shift you don't get to go home until the work is done but you will be paid for every minute you work. the starting wage is about 11.50 euro an hour and this will increase every 12 months.

Ideal for a first job but not much in terms of career advancement and they WILL call you on your days off when they are short-staffed there is no shortage of overtime.
Pros
good money per hour, lots of overtime available, easy to swap a shift
Cons
long hours - 11-9 shifts, can get out late when you are closing shop, trolley tests etc
So much to learn but lack of management support
Work can be very physical and stressful. New staff are expected to have the same outcome as the older staff. You have to be fully flexible to do the job from doing till,packing,baking and merchandising.
Pros
salary
Very dynamic environment
Can be much better. sometimes is organisation of the job very low.
Very often you are splitted between tills and work on shop floor.

Sometimes must stay much longer after your shift after store closing because of cleaning and sorting and products separation.
productive
working for lidl is tough but rewarding. You must be wiling to work part of a team but also capable of working on your own. A high level of professionalism is expected combined with the customer first attitude.
Pros
good wage
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lidl?