Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Customer Assistant68 reviews
Ireland68 reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,366 reviews

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

Place works u like a dog and environment was like a prison no taking to each othe no let up on ur shifts u cud be 6hrs into palets off trucks. No stop

A family death got me sacked was out for 3 days told em I was sick and failed my probation, Thats not right, is like a nazii camp. Really is so bad tlo work in voices are not heared

Always kept busy

Worked in Lidl for about a year, your always kept busy time goes really fast. Management were really nice and hardworking. Only thing was the hours, either having to work too early or too late, mostly at Christmas and summer.

Customer Assistant

Only good thing about this company is the wages but you work for every penny that you earn as nothing is easy about working here. You have no life outside of lidl as your called in all the time for extra shifts to cover people. Managers could do with some basic training on how to actually treat their staff with some respect rather than treat them like the dirt on their shoes. Being tore to shreds for simple errors and never praised. Mental bullying at its finest

14 years of Experience with Lidl as duty manager and customer assistance

Lidl is great place to Work, I have learned a lot from Lidl, How to deal with people, how to work in different department, Experience as a duty manager, office, cashier, bakery, shop-floor, all general duties, we work as a team, you can workout your shift with the store manager if you’re not happy with your hours, I can’t say Hardest part of the Job because no job is easy, the most enjoyable part of the job when I got 500€ Lidl vouchers

Good pay, tough environment

The company offers a fairly good rate, but the work is demanding. Non-social working hours (5am -11pm) and days (closed only 4 days a year) and unpleasant customers.

Hardship

If you're not polish, you're an outsider. Never trained. phone calls and texts everyday to cover shifts from staff that called in 'sick'. Often ignored by managers for days if i didn't cover these shifts. No work life balance as i worked every weekend for several months. Five 5 o'clock morning starts in a row. Transferred me to a different store further away from i live without asking.

Love lidl.

Lidl is a great place to work I’ve worked there for the past year. Pay is very good. It’s a fast paste job you need to have some strength to lift heavy boxes and pull big pallets and it’s a very early start.

Great and Professional work place.

Really enjoy working for Lidl, great people, great management, also great money, cant complain about hours.. You want part Time or full Time its dosent matter everything is organised well for Your needs. Highly recomended!

.its not great working for this company

I don't want to review lidl, terrible at staffing and senior management don't step up, many other companies offer higher wages too. Also it's more of a work your way up to nothing kinda iob, basic contracted hours are only 20hours a week over 7 days .....

Expect too much from you

Long shifts , never get out on time , left on tills for 10/12 hours a day not very friendly , great wage is probably the only good thing about working for them

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Long hours, never out on time

Was told I had the job, then dumped a few days before starting.

Was offered a job by phone and went in and got my uniform fitted. Was told to go to charleville for training a week or so later. Three days before the training was to start I got an email thanking me for attending interview but I won't be able to have the job. Didn't even bother ringing me to say this. Could not recommend working for a company who treats people like this, but on the bright side judging from the other reviews I am probably better off not working there. Avoid.

Pros

The pay is meant to be decent

Cons

1 person has to do the job of 4, management are a joke, expected to memorise a lot of codes.

Okay wirkplace

Decent place to work management isn’t the best, sometimes work/life balance can be overwhelming as you can work up to 3 12 hour shifts per week........

Not too bad for beginners

Not too bad for beginners. Long hours, poor work-life balance, salary is not too bad, long shifts, over hours, nice people working there so you can build some friendships

Great work place and team, everyone....

The team was great. Everyone really!!! Workplace- great! Productive! Lidl Macroom - recomend to everyone!! Real team, real menagement!! Always kind people around you.....

A toxic work culture.

There is a reason why the rate of pay is relatively high, so beware of that on embarking on work here. I found not all, but some of the staff to be stifling aloof, Peassimistic and stand-offish. The staff there were rather cliquey. There was little emphasis on team work or bonding. Many People don't greet each other or ever speak. I couldn't ever see myself integrating to be apart of a 'team', as there was no team there. There was no shop morale. I found one of the deputy managers in particular to be bitter, sharp and impatient, well just simply unhappy, but perhaps that's because of the pressure there put under in Lidl. I found I wasnt valued as a worker there by certain members of staff, either you fit perfectly into the tightly run institution of Lidl, or you can get lost. There's no even reasonable accommodations to be made for Lidl employees. It's not uncommon to go very long periods with not only not having a break (6 hours) but then on one case, being ordered that your break was shortened. I was miserable there, with co-workers often always complaining, if not about the store, their own lives. Many of my co-workers seemed unhappy. I would never work in Lidl again.

Pros

A relatively high rate of pay, and that's it.

Cons

Unhappy work culture and a peassimistic atmosphere.

Busy environment, always something to do

Lidl is a really fast paced working environment, you'll always have a task to do and sometimes it will feel like there aren't enough hours to get everything done!A typical day in job consists of working the tills, (Only the bare minimum of cashiers to service customers so always expect a queue)cleaning up any floor spills, carrying spoiled or damaged products to the back of house, baking and laying out the fresh bread, moving pallets, cashing up, if you're on the closing shift you don't get to go home until the work is done but you will be paid for every minute you work. the starting wage is about 11.50 euro an hour and this will increase every 12 months. Ideal for a first job but not much in terms of career advancement and they WILL call you on your days off when they are short-staffed there is no shortage of overtime.

Pros

good money per hour, lots of overtime available, easy to swap a shift

Cons

long hours - 11-9 shifts, can get out late when you are closing shop, trolley tests etc

Helps to improve to work on your own initiatives

As a Customer Assistant I have a wide range of duties, inluding cash management, warehouse operation and logistics, customer service and stock merchandising. I regularly take part in Health an Safety related workshops in our regional distributing centre in Charleville, because I find it crucial to understand and ensure the relevant policies. I also actively participate in fire and emergency drills and fire fighting equipment suitability checks at my workplace. Playing a role in ensuring the company`s food hygiene procedures are adhered to the current legislation.

Benefits

Cons

Shift work, early starts

Good

Lidl was a good place to work with flexible hours. Most staff and management were also nice and friendly. My reasons for leaving was so that I could go back to the trade I trained at

work hard work well

The company really prioritises customer experience , The management are kind and well qualified , teamwork plays a huge part and success is usually expected

Pros

pay

Cons

Hard work

So much to learn but lack of management support

Work can be very physical and stressful. New staff are expected to have the same outcome as the older staff. You have to be fully flexible to do the job from doing till,packing,baking and merchandising.

Pros

salary

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement