Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Customer Assistant68 reviews
Ireland68 reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,366 reviews

Stressful depending on the manager

I’ve worked here for 3 years, every manager has a different style of doing things. Some managers will try to get you to do different jobs around the shop and others will leave you on the till for your entire 10 hour shift. It’s an extremely fast paced job and it’s learn on the spot. I didn’t receive much training and was put on the till on my first day with no help. The money is good but it can be a toxic environment. Most stores will provide the rota for 3 weeks in advance but in my store the manager left the rota till the very last minute each week only posting it on the Thursday for the following week. My manager would also ignore all texts so communication was difficult.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours, not guaranteed shifts

Very dynamic environment

Can be much better. sometimes is organisation of the job very low.Very often you are splitted between tills and work on shop floor.Sometimes must stay much longer after your shift after store closing because of cleaning and sorting and products separation.

friendly atmosphere, great team attitude

I have worked with Lidl Ireland for over 1 year and i really enjoyed my time working for the company. My day would usually consist of taking in orders and organising the warehouse upon delivery.

Pros

Great attitude in store

Cons

Good way of thinking bad implementation

Pays very good per hour but only managerial positions are on full time contract. Staff usually get a 10-30 hours contract. Starters on lower hours contract. Hours could vary from very short days to very long days. There could be very low hours one week and very high another. Gets unsocial able at times also no job security as most people can't make a living on 10-20 hours a weeks. As much as it looks like they have a good system for training out of a few day not much training provided. New staff almost immediately expected to hit same targets as staff who are there for years. Staff are expected to follow strict guidelines but none is trained enough to know what they are exactly. The targets are reachable but in an ideal world's ideal scenarios but as we don't live in an ideal world it makes them borderline unrealistic therefore most days things fall behind or done quantity over quality way. Staff are good even management only few exceptions can't really complain about them but it seems like due to targets set on the edge of possibility you can get told off anytime for something. It seems that Management as it goes down from top to bottom everyone tells off everyone and no appraisals given which seems to be Lidl's culture in Ireland. I think its great that you work harder and in faster pace while you have to watch quality and customer service as well but due to the above culture it gets out of hand and causes to much stress. Advise for top management don't forget pushing for the extra income in short term could cause loss in the long run. Give lieu way for unforeseen -

Pros

Salary, people are nice

Cons

Lack of training, stress, lack of appraisal

Worst company ever

No work life balance No shift rotation including weekends therefore no life. Management are on another level talking down to employees. If your not management you wont be involved in anything, even conversations. You would work a 10 hour shift and after starting your shift an hour later you are sent on break leaving you 8 to 9 hours without a break and food. Higher management do not care no point in complaining. Constantly breaking legal requirements eg. an 11 to 12 hour gap between shifts. Often found myself working 10 days in a row. Do not dare ask a question as you will recieve abuse. No training given to new staff. Building and moving tables, shelves, heavy items and stock in and of warehouses and freezers etc. That could be twice the average persons bodyweight. No health and safety. My first 3 months were ok my last 9 to 10 months were a nightmare.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Bad management, No shift rotation, awful treatment by management, no life at all I never seen my kid or partner, No consideration for staff, all around bad place to work

Horrible

I worked for LIDL and here are my observations: Little to no relevant training is provided! Everything is rushed from the day you start and it does not matter to management that you are new to the job, you are expected to be the same speed at everything as the people in the job ten years. In the store I worked the management style was laissez faire; little to no direction or communication. One of the worst managers I have ever worked for or observed in any field! I found that people working in the job had become robots who could only converse about LIDL life and not about much else. I guess that is the effect of such a regimented workplace!

Pros

Its a job

Cons

Monthly pay, unsociable hours, horrible culture

productive and fun workplace

I am working full time in a fast pace environment meeting targets on the hour everyday. I work as a team and sometime work on my own which I have to make my own decisions. My day in work is a different day everyday. I love working with Customers and solving some issues they might have and then to see them happy. There is no real hard part to my job' as long as you have organisational skills and good Customer Service and team relations your job is so enjoyable for everyone.

Pros

customer satisfaction

Cons

unsocialable hours

productive

working for lidl is tough but rewarding. You must be wiling to work part of a team but also capable of working on your own. A high level of professionalism is expected combined with the customer first attitude.

Pros

good wage

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement