Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

Deputy Manager38 reviews
Ireland38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,201 reviews

Fast pace, excellent salary.

Paid well for basic work on the floor, management is more stressful but the salary exceeds what other retailers pay for similar work. Overall a great company to work for.

Stressful

Too much work all of the time with not enough staff. Management don’t get proper breaks and have to work well over rostered hours to get the work done.

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

Really hard place to work

The best i ever heard about Lidl is "Communist company, ran by capitalists" Very structured, has loads of management levels, and at the same time Everything is about profit and productivity...

Pros

good experience

Cons

bad experience

negative workplace, extreme pressure culture

constant pressure to work overtime for free, threatened job security, bullied staff into procedures that didn't benefit them. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

great salary

Cons

long hours, unnecessary pressure and negative reinforcement

Militaristic, horrible work culture, no work/life balance

Extremely militaristic in their approach to work. Not given reasonable amount of time to complete tasks. 'Work smarter, not harder' is a favourite expression used by upper management. You are given tacit approval to cut corners in order to get tasks done, but if anything goes wrong you will be heavily reprimanded or fired by the same upper management. Upper management will absolve themselves of any responsibility if there are issues or complaints made. Retail staff are at the coal face and must suffer the consequences when things don't go according to plan e.g work longer hours than planned, appease disgruntled customers, forgo lunch breaks etc. At store level the work culture is rotten to the core, my experience is that nobody enjoys working in the Lidl retail environment. It is a very hostile work environment and I would not recommend working for this organisation.

Pros

No pros. No work-life balance

Cons

Long hours, limited opportunities for career advancement, little to no adequate training.

Was ok

Long hours but rewarding Roster was fair but mostly evening or close shift One site with no parking was an issue and other than that good place to work if you have a good team

Recommended company for retail career

Excellent company for internally training their staff. Hours can be long when in management but well worth it. Highly pressurised at times but like any retail job this passes.

Probably ok for a customer Assistant

They expect too much from you with no training. they expect you go do your own training 🙄 there's no staff , and as a manager with no Lidl experience you have to sit on tills but you need to find your own training

Hard work, but paid very well

Have to be ready to work different shifts and weekends, every day/ week is different. Fastpaced, but rewarding. It's very hard to find a job as well paid as in Lidl.

Robotic

Very hard work, management stick where they are with not much movement so only able to progress when they decide to leave. Pays very well for both staff and management but work life balance suffers because of it.

Place where you will find out what you are able to do, and what challenges you can manage. Place where you survive or leave. Only strongest and hard working stays.

Stay away

Very long hours and you are expected to work with the same place throughout your shift. Constantly under stress because that is the way they operate. Very high staff turnover because of that.

Pros

Cons

Just name it

Bloody aweful

If you want a job where the weight falls off you and you are working ridiculous hours with no life this is the job for you ! Not a place that you can ever take a break from.

Pros

Good money in Management

Cons

Everything else is bad.

Good for young people without family

Long hours, very high expectations, no respect for your work. If you look for experience and you have no family or personal life - it place for you. Good salary and good benefits.

Avoid Lidl

If you get job with Lidl you can forget about your personal life, simple as that. You will be working very long hours, and you will be asked to finish jobs in unrealistic time frame

Pros

salary

Cons

everything else

Hard work for a great salary

Lidl is a great place if you are passionate about retail and want to progress. If you are looking for an easy job do not apply here. They run an extremely lean operation meaning staff are expected to be as productive as possible and you will always be busy. Hours are long and unless you are on a management salary hours are not guaranteed above your contract hours which can start from 10 hours per week. Work life balance here is quite bad.

Pros

great pay and benefits

Cons

long, unsociable hours.

Loved working here, but it was hard

Worked for Lidl 2002/2004. I sold my soul for the company. If ye want to work hard, and not have any real contact with family or friends go for it. I once got a phone call in Portugal about something that had gone wrong when I wasnt there. The Irish workers don't get the ethics of Lidl. It is hard work, you don't sit on your hole each day It takes over... It's obsessional.. it's hard work. Ye never get out on time. It's never manned properly either.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

No time to spend it

Nightmare

I worked there as a deputy manager was thrown straight in the deep end. Normal shift should have been 12-10 pm. Most nights it was 12-12 pm. No training given expected to know everything without being shown. Staff taken advantage off. No break's given or not full amount of time. Just a horrible experience bearing in mind I have probably worked for the top 5 retailers in Europe. These joker's were expecting 3 people to close a huge store from 5 pm until closing and have the shop ready for the opening. Never seen anything like it before in my 15 years in retail.

Pros

Cons

Read my review.

Hard work

Hard work, needs to be available to work everywhere eg bakery, packing team , checkouts etc. Staff member has to be available to work in different hours morning or late close down time. Only person who is fast and keen quick is good for work in Lidl

Pros

Lots of extras e.g insurance pensions etc

Cons

Very long shifts up to 12 hours

Lidl gave me the opportunity to learn and work all paid by the company and even offered a full-time role with the company if you wished to continue working after the program. I am so grateful that I was part of the first class in Ireland to be involved with the company. It provided me with Degree from world-renowned Dublin Business School. I met and worked with some amazing people and consider a lot of them still friends to this day.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement