Lidl

Deputy Manager39 reviews
Ireland39 reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,366 reviews

Tough work

I've worked in discount retail managemet for years and although lidl has a great system in place its hard to follow it when you're not given the right tools to do your job. Overall if you can deal with stress and a high pressure job you can deal with lidl manager jobs, if multitasking, delegating tasks or hitting very tight targets is tough for you avoid it at all costs.

Lidl gave me the opportunity to learn and work all paid by the company and even offered a full-time role with the company if you wished to continue working after the program. I am so grateful that I was part of the first class in Ireland to be involved with the company. It provided me with Degree from world-renowned Dublin Business School. I met and worked with some amazing people and consider a lot of them still friends to this day.

No life if you're a manager

If you are a dep/sm/som you will literally have no life but Lidl. Cut every corner possible, spare every expense and work management and staff to the bone. Any good managers get out of there quickly and it is evident in every store.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Work life balance is non existent

Great place for hardworkers

Great place to work if you want a secure job with good opportunities for advancement for hard workers. You get a good wage for the type of work. The staff in the my branch are all good people and hard workers. On the bad side there is an issue with hours being cut for staff to save money. Sometimes managers do not correctly allocate the staff shifts and sometimes one shift is left with more work than it is possible to get done on time. There is not enough training for the job. You have to learn as you go.

KPI driven enviroment, fast paced, great management team

A great company to work for. Salary and benefits package are extremely competitive in todays retailmarket. A fast growing retail company, with great opportunities for career progression.

One of the best in retail industry

A very good employer giving you the opportunity to work in a very fast environment, excellent training and excellent opportunity to develop professionally (staff management, stock and orders, team work, etc).

Great salary and benefits, no work-life balance

If you are willing to put your life on hold and earn some good money this is the job for you! Long hours at times unsociable, extremely physical workload in somewhat unrealistic time constraints

difficult workplace

Lidl is not a good place to work . very long hours very demanding job. no worklife balance at all. I would not recommend working in lidl to anybody at all

Pros

good pay

Extremely hard, draining, no life work balance

Very hard, extremely long hours, all managers are contracted for 48h and are often expect to commute long distances on top. Plus many work more off the clock. Culture is awful, there are small changes in right direction being attempted but not much real difference made, Most people are there for money only. Managers are put in golden handcuffs, being paid well, but with their confidence being crushed on a daily basis. Many of them are of foreign origin and dont have suffiecient language skills or education to seek good employment elsewhere, which perfectly suit the company. After few years many of them become sick, back injuries are super common, no suprise when people work 12h shifts every day.

Pros

good wage and benefits

Cons

everything else

Tough but rewarding

Lidl is a great place to develop a retail knowledge. While it is an extremely tough job, it is also very rewarding. I have enjoyed my time with Lidl but now feel the need to look elsewhere to try establish a better work life balance.

Pros

salary

Cons

pressure and unrealistic excpectations on store managment

not for everyone, store managment staff often frustrated due to pressure from higher managment. if one wants to move up it needs to deal with it. carrot is often offered but rarely delivered.

Pros

salary, i guess

Cons

no work life balance for store managment positions

Good Training

I found there to be a lot of good training at Lidl, they provide all the tools and theory to make sure you can carry out your duties as best as possible.

Work place with a lot of opportunities

Good place to work, but takes a lot of your life time. Hard to get well work life balance. Distance from home to work is big, cost extra time of your life time.

Pros

Pensions and health insurance benefits

Cons

No consistency with work times.

productive workplace

i would work 35 hours a week. i was on tills alot would make up and tidy the non food. do the bakery and make sure the place was spotless. got on really well with my colleagues. the hardest part were the hours because you would never really know when you finish.

Work i Do

I run the store on a day to day basis, i order stock for the store, organise housr for all staff. I do till operation and takes telephone calls. I do cash control also.

Choose to live a little

As an international business we are fully aware of our size and presence in the public eye.We respect cultural variety and recognise differences in values and traditions.Our work is a reflection of our Company Principles and Code of Conduct. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal. Outstanding value for money defines our market position. We grow through expansion and continuous improvement in our stores. As a retail multiple, we follow a systematic approach. Efficient decision making and simple working practices ensure our success. We comply with applicable law and internal guidelines. In conducting our daily business, we assume economic, social and environmental responsibility. It is our duty to be fair to everyone in our Company. We respect and support each other. We honour our agreements and believe in trust. Praise, recognition and constructive criticism shall determine our working atmosphere. We surround ourselves with ‘strong’ employees - with support through deputies assured in all areas.

The Job

The job can be very stressfull and requires you to give 110% at all time and make sure all staff are giving as much. There is a procedure for everything and this can help you to complete all jobs efficiently and can also make doing jobs a bit difficult as all boxes need to be ticked and the job needs to be completed 100%

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Hours, Stressfull

Fast pace, productivity driven

Full store orders to be completed by 12 noon. Delegate morning duties to staff members, allocate break time ensuring all staffs get their correct break. Ensuring store standards. Implementing store layouts. Follow weekly letter and adhere to policies and procedures. Over my time in Lidl, I have learned how to work as part of a team, delegation and motivation of staff members. Learned to work alongside other members of the management team to ensure the store is maintained at a high standard, importance of store targets and figures and the implications involved with them. Hardest part of the job was managing the large number of tasks with a short amount of staff. Most enjoyable part was the satisfaction in reaching the store targets.

High Paced and high stress Job

If every thing goes well, you can have a good day at work and every one can be in good spirits, but that is a rare thing. Every day is differant and every job has to be completed as quickly as you can. The faster you work, the more time you have to do other jobs.One advantage is that there is a procedure for every job to be done on a daly basis. Saying this, it also means nothing can be missed as every item that has to be done, has a sign off sheet and if it is not done, there is no excuses. You either get the job done or you leave. The people you work with vary as with every company and can make the differance to having an easy life or a difficult one. The reason for this is, every one deals with the stress differantly and some have a laugh, while others will moan all day long. It all depends on the manager and district manager, as if they are good and organised and communicate well and work well, This reflects in the store and staff. But 1 or 2 i worked with were lazy, disorganised and a bully and life got hard. Saying all this, the pay is good, ranging from 38k up to 44k. I was on 42k when i left and misss the money now, but i left because i have a daughter and wanted to spend more time with her.

Pros

good pay and benefits, including pension, health insurance

Cons

long hours, stressfull and very high paced environment.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement