Lidl

Lidl Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate25 reviews
Ireland25 reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,365 reviews

Great place to work to give you a real insight into the customer retail assistant title

Overall I had a great experience with lidl the hours are always there if you want them and the pay is very fair. All staff members are extremely helpful to new employees and assist where they can which helped me immensely throughout my stay with lidl! I would 100% recommend Lidl as an ideal place to work in. It is an positive working environment with plenty of support and assistance whenever you need it which is what I loved about Lidl!

Pros

Plenty of support and guidance when needed

Cons

Fast peast company but I enjoyed every minute. Team members friendly and helpful. I'm happy with the company. Time just flys on the shop floor. Managment is fine if you hard working

Never.

Don't let your son's,or daughters.. And if You're wanna hurt yourself (the best way)... I'll spend 13 years to hurt my family,for a unormal shift hours and a pressure... from Management...

work

Your roster can always change ,get called at any time to change your working hours , shifts cancelled if management feels like it ,get sent home early if store isn't doing good enough ,never know what time your break will be ,only get a hour break over 12 hours ,once started at 5am and got a break at 1 PM and finished at 3 pm ,if you use canteen your break could be interrupted to go on till

Unfairly dismissed

Dismissed while out sick without notification, the injury i was out with was also sustained while working in store. Really loved my job with Lidl and was very good at it, but the company treated me horribly.

Pros

Sakary, hours

Cons

Manage

Surving at Lidl

Do you enjoy working extremely erratic hours? Do you enjoy being treated like a real prisoner? Enjoy working long hours from early at 3.30am until evening and only leaving when told to, regardless of your set hours? Never receiving your overtime owed, break your spirit and say goodbye to your personal life and loved ones, join Lidls they will give you a futuristic slavery experience at your cost, and toss you out in the dirt when you are all burnt out,

Pros

You get a lunch break to rethink your lifes choices.

Cons

Whey to many hidden cons to explain, do not join Lidls, its not fair on you or your family.

Found management hard to deal with

When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.

Hard and Unsafely

Hard job physically and mentally. Some of colleagues are very hard working people, but not treated equally. Shifts are made inappropriate way, as two members of staff staying on their own in store, in very busy hours at the evenings, it makes very difficult to take a break. Customer service suffers because of that seriously. Thefts increased since 2 people are working at the late nights. Very hard to be listened.

Pros

rate per hour

Cons

Extremely high pressure, lack of trainings, lack of management, hard to take breaks

Horrible management. Good people treated badly. Decent pay though

I have been working as a store assistant for the last 8 years in lidl. Staff treated badly from the beginning. Most managers are bullies but some are good. Very hard working job. Good pay with good benefits. Not viable long term. Lidl chews you up and spits you out when it suits them. I would advise to stay away. I am currently looking for another job to get out of this place. Met some nice people along the way but generally never in Upper management. Agreements mean nothing to management except when it suits them. Very sly place to work!!!

Pros

Money per hour

Cons

A lot is wrong with this company

Fast Paced Environment

Enjoyable if you enjoy tricky tasks, fast paced environment. Great progression evident. Work life balance is very tough Long hours and 5+ days a week if you are good at your job Be prepared to work hard

Hard work.

Typical day at work is hard day. I have learned how to deal with customers to make them happy. Workplace culture is fine. THe hardest part ofo the job is to make customer happy.

I had a lot to learn during my work here. A challenging job due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds, but I learned a lot about the importance of working as a team.Learned a lot of new skills including cash handling, baking, inventory, stock taking, dealing with costumers and working as a member of a driven team.

Cons

Long late shifts

best job ever

The colleagues were the best part of the jobs. However, the support from some of the managements was also good Working hours were very bad as there were some very early and late shifts. Also the company is expecting from you to sweat a lot while working.

Pros

Good pay, good coworkers also

Cons

hard work

The management are really friendly and approachable. Lidl offer great opportunities to all of their workers and you can work your way up in the company.

Good

Good benefits and salary too.Perect place to work for young people whose looking for new opportunities and experience

Pros

Good money

Cons

No social life and no training

Had multiple induction days where we were told we would be getting trained in on numerous different things in the lidl shop. On my first day of work here I was put straight onto the till after being told at my induction day that I would not be put onto a till for the first four weeks of work here. From then on I havent been treated well by the manager and he always seems to be looking for something to give out to me about.

Very Efficient Hands-on Company

Lidl is a great place to work if you are driven and hardworking. I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team. Management are very good but they expect a lot. The salary is very good but you work very hard for it.

Pros

Progression

Cons

Long Work Hours

Patience and hard work

I worked with an amazing group of people which you can always count on, they made the most stressful day at work bearable.

Challenging but fun

A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time in LIDL. management and co-workers are very pleasant at all times. Morning shifts start very early and evening shift can finish very late, you're kept busy and the time flies by.

Pros

Approachable management and staff

Cons

Very early starts on mornings, late finishes on evenings

hard worker.

:split shift and busy day,working 15 to 16 hour day. a new experience dealing a costumers. my co worker was good. the hardest part of the job was starting 5 o'clock in the morning. the most enjoyable part was when you talking to costumers.

Pros

lestining music

Cons

busy work

Lidl

My most important responsibility is to achieve sales. I spend most of my day on the shop floor, talking directly to potential customers and trying to establish their needs. I have a very thorough knowledge of our product range so, if they’re unsure of their decision, I can give them appropriate advice. I can also steer them towards other – perhaps more expensive – product lines that they haven’t already considered. By building rapport with the customer – and addressing any concerns they may have – I have a good chance of closing the sale. I also aim to up-sell on the till where possible, so as to maximise the value of each new customer. Among other responsibilities I help to control stock levels and liaise with head office accordingly so as to make sure we are neither over-stocked nor under-stocked. I am also involved in the financial management of the branch, working alongside the Branch Manager to put together monthly reports, etc. Given my level of experience, I am also tasked with helping to bring on board new members of staff, training them in our systems and helping them to maximise their sales potential.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement