Lidl Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 5,875 reviews
Found management hard to deal with
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin17 February 2020
When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.
Horrible management. Good people treated badly. Decent pay though
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin29 October 2018
I have been working as a store assistant for the last 8 years in lidl. Staff treated badly from the beginning. Most managers are bullies but some are good. Very hard working job. Good pay with good benefits. Not viable long term. Lidl chews you up and spits you out when it suits them. I would advise to stay away. I am currently looking for another job to get out of this place. Met some nice people along the way but generally never in Upper management. Agreements mean nothing to management except when it suits them. Very sly place to work!!!
Pros
Money per hour
Cons
A lot is wrong with this company
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 March 2017
I had a lot to learn during my work here.
A challenging job due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds, but I learned a lot about the importance of working as a team.Learned a lot of new skills including cash handling, baking, inventory, stock taking, dealing with costumers and working as a member of a driven team.
Cons
Long late shifts
best job ever
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo3 February 2017
The colleagues were the best part of the jobs. However, the support from some of the managements was also good
Working hours were very bad as there were some very early and late shifts. Also the company is expecting from you to sweat a lot while working.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers also
Cons
hard work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo15 December 2016
The management are really friendly and approachable. Lidl offer great opportunities to all of their workers and you can work your way up in the company.
Good
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 November 2016
Good benefits and salary too.Perect place to work for young people whose looking for new opportunities and experience
Pros
Good money
Cons
No social life and no training
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 June 2016
Had multiple induction days where we were told we would be getting trained in on numerous different things in the lidl shop. On my first day of work here I was put straight onto the till after being told at my induction day that I would not be put onto a till for the first four weeks of work here. From then on I havent been treated well by the manager and he always seems to be looking for something to give out to me about.
Very Efficient Hands-on Company
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland16 June 2016
Lidl is a great place to work if you are driven and hardworking. I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team. Management are very good but they expect a lot. The salary is very good but you work very hard for it.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Long Work Hours
Patience and hard work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greystones, County Wicklow1 June 2016
I worked with an amazing group of people which you can always count on, they made the most stressful day at work bearable.
Challenging but fun
Sales/Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo19 May 2016
A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time in LIDL. management and co-workers are very pleasant at all times. Morning shifts start very early and evening shift can finish very late, you're kept busy and the time flies by.
Pros
Approachable management and staff
Cons
Very early starts on mornings, late finishes on evenings
hard worker.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C12 September 2015
:split shift and busy day,working 15 to 16 hour day.
a new experience dealing a costumers.
my co worker was good.
the hardest part of the job was starting 5 o'clock in the morning.
the most enjoyable part was when you talking to costumers.
Pros
lestining music
Cons
busy work
Lidl
Store Assistant - Tullamore (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, OY21 February 2015
My most important responsibility is to achieve sales. I spend most of my day on the shop floor, talking directly to potential customers and trying to establish their needs. I have a very thorough knowledge of our product range so, if they’re unsure of their decision, I can give them appropriate advice. I can also steer them towards other – perhaps more expensive – product lines that they haven’t already considered. By building rapport with the customer – and addressing any concerns they may have – I have a good chance of closing the sale. I also aim to up-sell on the till where possible, so as to maximise the value of each new customer. Among other responsibilities I help to control stock levels and liaise with head office accordingly so as to make sure we are neither over-stocked nor under-stocked. I am also involved in the financial management of the branch, working alongside the Branch Manager to put together monthly reports, etc. Given my level of experience, I am also tasked with helping to bring on board new members of staff, training them in our systems and helping them to maximise their sales potential.
ok place to work
store assistant (Former Employee) –  charleville5 March 2014
mornings pack-out orders
evenings close down shop small pack out for next morning
good staff
no respect
Productive, good salary
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1410 February 2014
Good place to work with good hourly salary, good internal opportunities available.
Pros
good salary
Cons
less hours to work per week
Challenging workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork5 February 2014
i enjoy my time working here.there is great morale within the store.
A very comfortable workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wexford6 July 2012
Lidl was an extremely good place to work. A typical day would consist of working on tills, merchandising, stock rotation and cleaning at the end of the day. We cashed up our own tills at the end of the day also. The management in there was extremely helpful. You were given your list of things to do during the day and then left to do it yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was working at the checkouts.