Here to help
Information from Lidl:

Lidl Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant22 reviews
Ireland22 reviews
A typical shift would be 6 - 8 hrs. I was trained on the tills, bakery and stocking shelves. I learned alot from my experience in Lidl and the main one is interacting and dealing with refunds, complaints and getting better on the till. The hardest part of the job was when all the tills are open and all the tills are busy.
Excellent: management , staff , environment , hours , pay , lunch

Very busy day always moving and keeping busy very helpful co-wprkers and management staff
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
No cons
Great work environment with an excellent training program. Leaving you with a full understanding of your job description and what is expected of an employee in a thriving business.
Customer service/ Till operations/ Cash handling

Customer service skills/ Till operations skills/ Communication skills

Good management

Fast paced and productive
Very unfriendly place to work, everyone always stressed and doing everything super faster by consequence very bad costumer service, . All the kind of bad things happen inside that company. Huge turn over of workers. All sort of bulling
Pros
never seen
Cons
everything
Timings are bit odd which doesn't suit me well. Secondly, it's very far from where I lived. Other than that every thing was alright. Lot of opportunities of carers progress ion into Lidl.
I worked in Lidl for 5 years. Overall I enjoyed it I learned a lot not only about retail but about myself and my work ethic during my time there. Nice place to work. Would recommend to anyone who wishes to work in a fast paced environment
Pros
Good wages
Cons
very busy place of work, have fun everyday with different people.
i learned how to be friendly and care for peoples needs.

management not bad and it depends on what you mean by management

just that you have to be responsible for everything

people around you all time
Pros
you have to be responsible for your lunch
Cons
fight for hours
hard work, you had to be fast and efficient, lots of long hours, few breaks, staff not friendly, huge pressure load, cleaning/security guard as well sales assistant for the shop is unacceptable, huge racism problem with this company
Pros
pay
Cons
Each worker must be able to work everywhere. such as the till the floor and back store. I became very hardworking due to working in Lidl. I worked long hours and it payed off
Pros
experience
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lidl?
A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time.Enjoyed working there, learned a lot of new skills.I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team.Its time to move.

Unfortunately often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company, often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift.No time for private live.!!

Lidl breach Health and Safety Regulation regarding to employee and his/her ergonomic friendly place to work.
Pros
Good Salary Pension Plan Medical Insurance
Cons
No Life Balance
Enjoyed working there, learned a lot of new skills and made friends within my co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.
Worked for 2 years within company very fast paced work environment too much expected hours vary from week to week can be cut anytime depending on how busy the day is!often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company seem to depend which country your from often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift would stay far away from this company if I'm been honest
Pros
Kept busy
Cons
Management companies policies
its a nightmare to work for. No proper training is provided and you been put on pack out straight away. There are time limit for everything even they would except on your first day you should do like who is working for last 10 years. Same goes with bakery. Believe me you dont want be be in bakery. No proper training provided and on your second day manager will come to you and bully you why you are late. Managers and trainee managers are bullies. They would bully you until you quite the job.

11.50 per hour but you will work until you collapsed
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Bad Management
Working in Lidl require energy and fast pace. It's almost the same routine and everything has to be done on time. From packing out fresh fruit and veggie, baking and cleaning the store to make everything perfect to our customers. After Till work has to be done and no queue should be made on till's.
I liked working in lidl but it did not help me with advancing in my current area of study so I wanted to find a new job. The staff are all very friendly and the pay is well above average so which leads to a good environment.
I worked full time with lidl based on contracted hours ,everyday would be different we all played key roles throughout the day given different duties working with a great team made the job a much happier place to work in and enjoy your work,getting to know customers and hearing good feedback on what difference or impact you had made on their day was always rewarding , I was very blessed to have really friendly loyal customers that i had gotten to know ,the hardest part of the job would be trying do deal with an irate customer if they did not understand or agree with the store policies ,usually in circumstances where a customer would be upset i would try myself to calm the situation and offer a solution nine times out of ten they would calm down and the manager would not need to be called .Overall i really enjoyed working here i learned a lot and grew a lot to where i was in a position to till train new employees or train employees on the bakery.
Pros
getting trained in various positions in store
Cons
being on contract hours sometimes your shift could be cut
Tey expect alot.Are very hard to please.Managment are always stressed whih passes on to the work force. Could use more staff working in the shop
I learned a lot about a fast paced retail environment with my time in lidl. It was customer driven and full on. there were king working hours including early morning, late evenings and night shifts.
- a day is hardest at lidl for service customers

-- i know how to make conversation with good manner ,fun...

- the managment don't have good conection with employee

-the best art in Lidl is sitting on the checkout:)
I would arrive in work about 6am sign in then go to the freezer and get the bakery ready to be filled for the day then at 8:45 go to the office were I would collect my till and go to my station were I would wait for the shop to open then after a few hours on the till I would go get some pallets of fruit and veg and check the shop floor to see what needs refilled and check other areas of the shop to see what else needs rotated then I would clock out and go home.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
very lomg hours