Lidl

Sales Assistant32 reviews
Ireland32 reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,377 reviews

Fast paced and stress

Days went by as very very very fast paced environment.not much time to chit chat..managers not understanding of staff need but overall.good leaning at junior

Pros

Free parking

Fast paced enviorment

Enjoyed working there, learned a lot of new skills and made friends within my co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.

Mentally draining

Worked for 2 years within company very fast paced work environment too much expected hours vary from week to week can be cut anytime depending on how busy the day is!often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company seem to depend which country your from often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift would stay far away from this company if I'm been honest

Pros

Kept busy

Cons

Management companies policies

Nightmare to work for

its a nightmare to work for. No proper training is provided and you been put on pack out straight away. There are time limit for everything even they would except on your first day you should do like who is working for last 10 years. Same goes with bakery. Believe me you dont want be be in bakery. No proper training provided and on your second day manager will come to you and bully you why you are late. Managers and trainee managers are bullies. They would bully you until you quite the job. 11.50 per hour but you will work until you collapsed

Pros

Big Company

Cons

Bad Management

High Paced and Energetic Environment

Working in Lidl require energy and fast pace. It's almost the same routine and everything has to be done on time. From packing out fresh fruit and veggie, baking and cleaning the store to make everything perfect to our customers. After Till work has to be done and no queue should be made on till's.

good

I liked working in lidl but it did not help me with advancing in my current area of study so I wanted to find a new job. The staff are all very friendly and the pay is well above average so which leads to a good environment.

fun place to work and amazing opportunities to grow

I worked full time with lidl based on contracted hours ,everyday would be different we all played key roles throughout the day given different duties working with a great team made the job a much happier place to work in and enjoy your work,getting to know customers and hearing good feedback on what difference or impact you had made on their day was always rewarding , I was very blessed to have really friendly loyal customers that i had gotten to know ,the hardest part of the job would be trying do deal with an irate customer if they did not understand or agree with the store policies ,usually in circumstances where a customer would be upset i would try myself to calm the situation and offer a solution nine times out of ten they would calm down and the manager would not need to be called .Overall i really enjoyed working here i learned a lot and grew a lot to where i was in a position to till train new employees or train employees on the bakery.

Pros

getting trained in various positions in store

Cons

being on contract hours sometimes your shift could be cut

Hard work but good

Tey expect alot.Are very hard to please.Managment are always stressed whih passes on to the work force. Could use more staff working in the shop

I learned a lot about a fast paced retail environment with my time in lidl. It was customer driven and full on. there were king working hours including early morning, late evenings and night shifts.

lots of pressure ,like at prison for employer

- a day is hardest at lidl for service customers -- i know how to make conversation with good manner ,fun... - the managment don't have good conection with employee -the best art in Lidl is sitting on the checkout:)

good place to work

I would arrive in work about 6am sign in then go to the freezer and get the bakery ready to be filled for the day then at 8:45 go to the office were I would collect my till and go to my station were I would wait for the shop to open then after a few hours on the till I would go get some pallets of fruit and veg and check the shop floor to see what needs refilled and check other areas of the shop to see what else needs rotated then I would clock out and go home.

Pros

meeting new people every day

Cons

very lomg hours

nice place to work , your always kept busy. You are responsible for a wide range of duties.

Pros

Good wages

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement