Lidl Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 5,867 reviews
Productive workplace
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford, Ireland10 February 2020
I was working in company for 9 years and got different experience in company working in different stores, education and different positions. In Lidl they have strong management which have to meet their KPIs every week, these leads to increased performance and competitive salaries. Its a big teamwork with good atmosphere at work. Management supports you in different aspects in your life, including training, education, preferable working shifts and career opportuinities.
Extremely hard physical & mentally draining work with little support and little or no thanks
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 September 2018
Prepare to work long crazy hours, accept liability for unrealistic targets not being met, KPIs not being reached due to stock you didn’t order being forced on you & your poor team calling sick from stress & physical injuries due to poor workplace compliance - falls in bakery freezers & warehouses are common due to over crowding due to too much stock allocated and pressure to rush due to unrealistic times given for workloads . Pregnant girls being forced to pack non food and work in bakery freezer by uncaring managers and area managers bullying managers to the point of stress & depression. Of course I was lucky to have plenty who were honest & had respect for me but there is one or two known for there consistent ill treatment but because they reach targets & win prizes nothing is done.
If you want great salary with little to no private life this is the job for you. You lose your spirit and your soul - a little piece every day. If I wasn’t lucky enough to have such great staff I’d have left long ago. The workers are the pride of that place & work so hard. The higher up the food chain you get the nastier you get. Once you reach your sell by date or question anything they force you out by any means.
Managers clock for 48 hours but work 60+. Company ignores this until they want rid of manager then they threaten manager with documentation of the excess hours being worked until they leave. Funnily the area managers also do this as do all managers in the company when it suits them they turn a blind eye. Also if you are lucky enough to be related to anyone in headoffice you can
  more... mess up without any repercussions.
My last area manager before I left was fantastic. Realistic helpful and didn’t try to intimidate or bully me or my managers. But I would never go back for any amount of money. Currently working for a company that nurtures managers and finally have a work/life balance.
Lidl is perfect for short term quick money making once you are happy to lose your soul happiness & let your relationships suffer. Also if you enjoy being bullied via email & illgal WhatsApp groups on your PERSONAL phone.
Pros
Great salary, met some fabulous people, managed some great teams
Cons
No life
Terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland6 May 2018
Not somewhere I would ever want to work again. salary is competitive but you would literally have no life outside of work. bear in mind its 12 years since I worked there. I would hope things have changed since then
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours. work/life balance
Lidl Ireland- Fast-Paced Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, Ireland11 April 2016
A typical day in Lidl was constantly changing and was challenging from all aspects.
Maintaining a tight ship was not always easy but I thrived on the constant challenges.
My job title was a store manager but it was imperative to work as a team player to gain respect from our staff and to get the jobs done. I had to liaise daily with head office on store productivity and any problems which arose.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Lidl as I learned a lot about the business and gained the confidence in knowing I was capable of such a sought after position.
But the hardest part of the job for me was the strict time schedules, there was not one week that went past that I didn't have to do overtime( up to 10 hours weekly not paid after maybe a 12-15 hour shift) due to the business in store.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Extremely Long Hours