Lidl
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 27 March 2020

Lidl Employee Reviews for Trainee Manager

Used to be a great workplace but has been on decline year on year
Initially, it was a good company to work for but it's been losing it's appeal and with no improvements in the work and practises, it can only get worse. The hours are between 6-10/12hrs long with some longer hours if there are international store visits or inventory prep to be done. It is a good place for students who don't mind working, lazy staff aren't very much welcome or tolerated. If you're lucky to work in a busy store then the time flies but there is always something to do.
Pros
Able to have flexible hours if you're studying
Cons
Long hours, Always pressured to impress or do more with no concrete promise of a promotion, Unpleasant work culture.
Working in Lidl
I used to work as a shop assistant in Lidl (Togher) in the past until I was transferred to Lidl in Ballincollig where my position of a shop assistant was promoted to a trainee manager. Lidl has given me experiences in how to work in team, manage many tasks at the same time and how to cope with stress in stressful situations. My work experiences enabled me to work as a team player which gave me knowledge of what a good team player should be like. I also learn, that the completion of work task does not only consist in hard work but also in mutual understanding and helping – these are the main key factors that facilitate the work done efficiently and thoroughly.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
poor communication at all levels within the company
At Lidl Ireland the main problem, in my opinion, is that there is a culture of staff having to meet impossible targets within impossible perameters set by higher management.