Lidl

Ireland257 reviews

Clear

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,231 reviews

Very fast faced

Very fast place to work, not much of a work culture, feel like you work alone as you don’t ever talk to anyone, the hours are long and hard at times, but management are nice and will give you time off for occasions when you need it

Pros

More than minimum pay

Cons

Long hours, monthly pay

Goodbye self respect.

Toxic company and culture. Good money but most days you leave the place just feeling disrespected and unmotivated. Feedback in this company amounts to a mailbox with a paper shredder inside. HR is only there to cover management's backs as they carry on with an outdated management style of destroying morale and intimidation tactics. Company will never evolve.

Good workplace

Good place to workFast paces environmentGood team members that you end up working withSubsidized meals from the canteen and a staff gym with free use

Pros

Subsidized meals etc

Cons

Hr team

Fast peast company but I enjoyed every minute. Team members friendly and helpful. I'm happy with the company. Time just flys on the shop floor. Managment is fine if you hard working

Will ruin your life!

Poor culture and leadership from all levels within the business. Pressure pot at all times and be prepared to be over monitored at all times. Poor work environment, poor work life balance.

Pros

Cons

It’s terrible

Stay well clear

The culture is toxicThe work is hard and there is no appreciation Senior management bullyThe best part of my Job were my colleagues I got to work with and support.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Bullying culture

Stressful, late nights and early mornings

When they say "faced paced work environment" they actually mean you are constantly under pressure to get things done. They want things done at lighting fast pace and it is an awful struggle to keep up. You always feel like you're not good enough. Managers are always up the walls trying to get things done. Very early morning shifts (you have to wake up at 4am in the morning or earlier to start your 5am shift) plus very late nights quite often. The rota says you'll be finished by 10:30pm but this is BS. You could be there till 3am in the morning or on a very good day 11pm. They are constantly understaffed with people calling in sick plus the incredible work load you have already, even if everyone is in its still so much to doBreaks are a joke; you must take your break when you are told even if you have only been in for 2 hours of your 10-hour shift. They also want you to clock out a minute before the clock hits the hour so they are by law only entitled to give you a certain amount of break time. For example, if you had an 8-hour shift, they would want to you clock out at 7 hours and 59 minutes so you don't have an hour break, you have a 30 minute one instead. I once did a 9-hour shift with no break because my rota only had me in for 5 hours (so 4 hours 59 minutes, aka not entitled to a break) and I was there till 3am (6pm-3am, 9 hours). I must add that your breaks are not paid for so if you don't have a break, you are paid accordingly, none the less its terrible, you are recked tired. Also, if you have to watch a video as part of your training then they expect you to do it during -

Pros

Good pay, sometimes you get free food from the bakery

Cons

In ridiculously early, often stay very late. Breaks are a joke. Under staffed, always under pressure. No staff wifi

Horrendous for such a menial job.

No training at all provided to staff. Figure it out or be spoken to like a bold child and ridiculed. Buddy culture n the workplace. Friends of managers given nearly all weekends off while youre required to forego any kind of life outside work by working ridiculous shifts all weekend eg. start time of 1 and finish at closing which is 11 but realistically be luck to finish at 12. Never finish at rostered time always made to stay back and texted to come in early at 03:00 some days which is a joke. Management are also useless. Very unapproachable and stand-offish. Only time they want to speak with certain staff is to ridicule them. All in all they pay good for retail but only if you're willing to give up any kind of life outside of work, be stressed and overloaded with tasks and be spoken to like dirt.

Pros

Money is ok.

Cons

No training/ Bullying culture/ Ridiculous rosters

Great place to work to give you a real insight into the customer retail assistant title

Overall I had a great experience with lidl the hours are always there if you want them and the pay is very fair. All staff members are extremely helpful to new employees and assist where they can which helped me immensely throughout my stay with lidl! I would 100% recommend Lidl as an ideal place to work in. It is an positive working environment with plenty of support and assistance whenever you need it which is what I loved about Lidl!

Pros

Plenty of support and guidance when needed

Cons

Militaristic, horrible work culture, no work/life balance

Extremely militaristic in their approach to work. Not given reasonable amount of time to complete tasks. 'Work smarter, not harder' is a favourite expression used by upper management. You are given tacit approval to cut corners in order to get tasks done, but if anything goes wrong you will be heavily reprimanded or fired by the same upper management. Upper management will absolve themselves of any responsibility if there are issues or complaints made. Retail staff are at the coal face and must suffer the consequences when things don't go according to plan e.g work longer hours than planned, appease disgruntled customers, forgo lunch breaks etc. At store level the work culture is rotten to the core, my experience is that nobody enjoys working in the Lidl retail environment. It is a very hostile work environment and I would not recommend working for this organisation.

Pros

No pros. No work-life balance

Cons

Long hours, limited opportunities for career advancement, little to no adequate training.

Okay ish

Great culture and fun between colleagues. Working hours were a bit ridiculous, i.e. 1pm-11pm but sometimes you suddenly get asked (an hour prior to the end of your shift) go up to 1 am or even 3 am during Xmas period. Decent pay when compared to similar companies

Productive workplace

I was working in company for 9 years and got different experience in company working in different stores, education and different positions. In Lidl they have strong management which have to meet their KPIs every week, these leads to increased performance and competitive salaries. Its a big teamwork with good atmosphere at work. Management supports you in different aspects in your life, including training, education, preferable working shifts and career opportuinities.

Good

Typical day at work Management put a pressure on targets Good money but hard work Strange culture between employees Fight for hours Flexible time shifts

Hard work pays off

If you work hard, you can quickly find respect and further opportunities, very competitive job, long hours, highly stressful at times, but can be managed with experience.

14 years of Experience with Lidl as duty manager and customer assistance

Lidl is great place to Work, I have learned a lot from Lidl, How to deal with people, how to work in different department, Experience as a duty manager, office, cashier, bakery, shop-floor, all general duties, we work as a team, you can workout your shift with the store manager if you’re not happy with your hours, I can’t say Hardest part of the Job because no job is easy, the most enjoyable part of the job when I got 500€ Lidl vouchers

Untrustworthy management culture

Untrustworthy management culture. Work/life balance is non existent. Staff members constantly walking on eggshells. Main objective is to reach unrealistic targets at all costs. Employees come second.

Great and Professional work place.

Really enjoy working for Lidl, great people, great management, also great money, cant complain about hours.. You want part Time or full Time its dosent matter everything is organised well for Your needs. Highly recomended!

ambiente de trabajo y personal agradable

a principio me ayudaron mucho con la comunicación. todos los equipos de trabajo funcionaban correctamente. los clientes super amables y sin presentar ningun tipo de problemas.

Pros

todas las maquinarias y equipos de trabajo correctamente

Cons

nada

Used to be a great workplace but has been on decline year on year

Initially, it was a good company to work for but it's been losing it's appeal and with no improvements in the work and practises, it can only get worse. The hours are between 6-10/12hrs long with some longer hours if there are international store visits or inventory prep to be done. It is a good place for students who don't mind working, lazy staff aren't very much welcome or tolerated. If you're lucky to work in a busy store then the time flies but there is always something to do.

Pros

Able to have flexible hours if you're studying

Cons

Long hours, Always pressured to impress or do more with no concrete promise of a promotion, Unpleasant work culture.

Great work place and team, everyone....

The team was great. Everyone really!!! Workplace- great! Productive! Lidl Macroom - recomend to everyone!! Real team, real menagement!! Always kind people around you.....

workplace

worst kip i ever worked in treated like meat id rather starve never forget they need you more than you need them plus this pick rates they have a silverback to set this rate bad work culture

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement