Lidl

Lidl Culture reviews

Overall I had a great experience with lidl the hours are always there if you want them and the pay is very fair. All staff members are extremely helpful to new employees and assist where they can which helped me immensely throughout my stay with lidl! I would 100% recommend Lidl as an ideal place to work in. It is an positive working environment with plenty of support and assistance whenever you need it which is what I loved about Lidl!
Pros
Plenty of support and guidance when needed
Cons
Extremely militaristic in their approach to work. Not given reasonable amount of time to complete tasks. 'Work smarter, not harder' is a favourite expression used by upper management. You are given tacit approval to cut corners in order to get tasks done, but if anything goes wrong you will be heavily reprimanded or fired by the same upper management. Upper management will absolve themselves of any responsibility if there are issues or complaints made. Retail staff are at the coal face and must suffer the consequences when things don't go according to plan e.g work longer hours than planned, appease disgruntled customers, forgo lunch breaks etc. At store level the work culture is rotten to the core, my experience is that nobody enjoys working in the Lidl retail environment. It is a very hostile work environment and I would not recommend working for this organisation.
Pros
No pros. No work-life balance
Cons
Long hours, limited opportunities for career advancement, little to no adequate training.
Great culture and fun between colleagues. Working hours were a bit ridiculous, i.e. 1pm-11pm but sometimes you suddenly get asked (an hour prior to the end of your shift) go up to 1 am or even 3 am during Xmas period. Decent pay when compared to similar companies
I was working in company for 9 years and got different experience in company working in different stores, education and different positions. In Lidl they have strong management which have to meet their KPIs every week, these leads to increased performance and competitive salaries. Its a big teamwork with good atmosphere at work. Management supports you in different aspects in your life, including training, education, preferable working shifts and career opportuinities.
Typical day at work Management put a pressure on targets Good money but hard work Strange culture between employees Fight for hours Flexible time shifts
If you work hard, you can quickly find respect and further opportunities, very competitive job, long hours, highly stressful at times, but can be managed with experience.
Dynamic and faced paced work environment that requires collaborative and team efforts to run the store with efficiency. Excellent management that provide thorough training for all staff thereby providing opportunities for staff growth, development and promotion.
Lidl is great place to Work, I have learned a lot from Lidl, How to deal with people, how to work in different department, Experience as a duty manager, office, cashier, bakery, shop-floor, all general duties, we work as a team, you can workout your shift with the store manager if you’re not happy with your hours, I can’t say Hardest part of the Job because no job is easy, the most enjoyable part of the job when I got 500€ Lidl vouchers
Untrustworthy management culture. Work/life balance is non existent. Staff members constantly walking on eggshells. Main objective is to reach unrealistic targets at all costs. Employees come second.
Really enjoy working for Lidl, great people, great management, also great money, cant complain about hours.. You want part Time or full Time its dosent matter everything is organised well for Your needs. Highly recomended!
a principio me ayudaron mucho con la comunicación. todos los equipos de trabajo funcionaban correctamente. los clientes super amables y sin presentar ningun tipo de problemas.
Pros
todas las maquinarias y equipos de trabajo correctamente
Cons
nada
Initially, it was a good company to work for but it's been losing it's appeal and with no improvements in the work and practises, it can only get worse. The hours are between 6-10/12hrs long with some longer hours if there are international store visits or inventory prep to be done. It is a good place for students who don't mind working, lazy staff aren't very much welcome or tolerated. If you're lucky to work in a busy store then the time flies but there is always something to do.
Pros
Able to have flexible hours if you're studying
Cons
Long hours, Always pressured to impress or do more with no concrete promise of a promotion, Unpleasant work culture.
worst kip i ever worked in treated like meat id rather starve never forget they need you more than you need them plus this pick rates they have a silverback to set this rate bad work culture
There is a reason why the rate of pay is relatively high, so beware of that on embarking on work here. I found not all, but some of the staff to be stifling aloof, Peassimistic and stand-offish. The staff there were rather cliquey. There was little emphasis on team work or bonding. Many People don't greet each other or ever speak. I couldn't ever see myself integrating to be apart of a 'team', as there was no team there. There was no shop morale. I found one of the deputy managers in particular to be bitter, sharp and impatient, well just simply unhappy, but perhaps that's because of the pressure there put under in Lidl. I found I wasnt valued as a worker there by certain members of staff, either you fit perfectly into the tightly run institution of Lidl, or you can get lost. There's no even reasonable accommodations to be made for Lidl employees. It's not uncommon to go very long periods with not only not having a break (6 hours) but then on one case, being ordered that your break was shortened. I was miserable there, with co-workers often always complaining, if not about the store, their own lives. Many of my co-workers seemed unhappy. I would never work in Lidl again.
Pros
A relatively high rate of pay, and that's it.
Cons
Unhappy work culture and a peassimistic atmosphere.
Not somewhere I would ever want to work again. salary is competitive but you would literally have no life outside of work. bear in mind its 12 years since I worked there. I would hope things have changed since then
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours. work/life balance
A great company to work for. Salary and benefits package are extremely competitive in todays retailmarket. A fast growing retail company, with great opportunities for career progression.
Typical day at work is hard day. I have learned how to deal with customers to make them happy. Workplace culture is fine. THe hardest part ofo the job is to make customer happy.
Long hours no Job security poor culture no support from management no communication no training no Job support learned very little high staff turnover
Pays very good per hour but only managerial positions are on full time contract. Staff usually get a 10-30 hours contract. Starters on lower hours contract. Hours could vary from very short days to very long days. There could be very low hours one week and very high another. Gets unsocial able at times also no job security as most people can't make a living on 10-20 hours a weeks. As much as it looks like they have a good system for training out of a few day not much training provided. New staff almost immediately expected to hit same targets as staff who are there for years. Staff are expected to follow strict guidelines but none is trained enough to know what they are exactly. The targets are reachable but in an ideal world's ideal scenarios but as we don't live in an ideal world it makes them borderline unrealistic therefore most days things fall behind or done quantity over quality way. Staff are good even management only few exceptions can't really complain about them but it seems like due to targets set on the edge of possibility you can get told off anytime for something. It seems that Management as it goes down from top to bottom everyone tells off everyone and no appraisals given which seems to be Lidl's culture in Ireland. I think its great that you work harder and in faster pace while you have to watch quality and customer service as well but due to the above culture it gets out of hand and causes to much stress. Advise for top management don't forget pushing for the extra income in short term could cause loss in the long run. Give lieu way for unforeseen - more...
Pros
Salary, people are nice
Cons
Lack of training, stress, lack of appraisal
I worked for LIDL and here are my observations: Little to no relevant training is provided! Everything is rushed from the day you start and it does not matter to management that you are new to the job, you are expected to be the same speed at everything as the people in the job ten years. In the store I worked the management style was laissez faire; little to no direction or communication. One of the worst managers I have ever worked for or observed in any field! I found that people working in the job had become robots who could only converse about LIDL life and not about much else. I guess that is the effect of such a regimented workplace!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Monthly pay, unsociable hours, horrible culture
Very hard, extremely long hours, all managers are contracted for 48h and are often expect to commute long distances on top. Plus many work more off the clock. Culture is awful, there are small changes in right direction being attempted but not much real difference made, Most people are there for money only. Managers are put in golden handcuffs, being paid well, but with their confidence being crushed on a daily basis. Many of them are of foreign origin and dont have suffiecient language skills or education to seek good employment elsewhere, which perfectly suit the company. After few years many of them become sick, back injuries are super common, no suprise when people work 12h shifts every day.
Pros
good wage and benefits
Cons
everything else