Lidl

Ireland257 reviews

Clear
3.0Job security & advancement

Found 58 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,231 reviews

Good for experience and opportunities for promotions

A nice but fast paced workplace. Good pay and opportunities for advancement. Hardest part of the job was some unsociable hours, but would recommend overall.

Room for growth

Overall a good company to work for. I was a customer assistant. Responsibilities included working the till, stocking shelves and general customer service. Excellent training was given before I began working.

Pros

Room for growth and excellent training Good salary overall for new starters Opportunity for overtime

Cons

Shift work can be tough for work-life balance

Tough work

Work is tough. Constant staff change. Depends on department you are in. F&V is awful. Money is good but work life balance is difficult. Always asked to work extra.

You control your development

Working in Lidl has given me the opportunity to grow and develop. As long as I want to keep growing, Lidl provides me with the opportunity. Work hard and you get rewarded.

Pros

2 days working from home, free parking, on site gym, very modern office and plenty of freebies all the time!

Cons

If you dont like working hard this isnt for you.

Good for progression

Flexible workimg hours, on site canteen, company car.Moving from operations to head office the work becomes too slow but the work life balance improves.

Toxic environment

Understaffed, toxic, demanding customers, stress and pushing management! Long hours, very stressful job!No work, life balance! Just stay way, from this company! Maybe better outside Dublin!

Pros

Job security

Cons

Really hard place to work

The best i ever heard about Lidl is "Communist company, ran by capitalists" Very structured, has loads of management levels, and at the same time Everything is about profit and productivity...

Pros

good experience

Cons

bad experience

Unfairly dismissed

Dismissed while out sick without notification, the injury i was out with was also sustained while working in store. Really loved my job with Lidl and was very good at it, but the company treated me horribly.

Pros

Sakary, hours

Cons

Manage

negative workplace, extreme pressure culture

constant pressure to work overtime for free, threatened job security, bullied staff into procedures that didn't benefit them. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

great salary

Cons

long hours, unnecessary pressure and negative reinforcement

Well Paid but you work in return.

Well paid with opportunities to progress. No work life balance and a fast paced stressful environment to work in.

Pros

Good Salary, Company car, good exposure to managing

Cons

No work life balance. Working with limited resources. No proper support from area managers

Militaristic, horrible work culture, no work/life balance

Extremely militaristic in their approach to work. Not given reasonable amount of time to complete tasks. 'Work smarter, not harder' is a favourite expression used by upper management. You are given tacit approval to cut corners in order to get tasks done, but if anything goes wrong you will be heavily reprimanded or fired by the same upper management. Upper management will absolve themselves of any responsibility if there are issues or complaints made. Retail staff are at the coal face and must suffer the consequences when things don't go according to plan e.g work longer hours than planned, appease disgruntled customers, forgo lunch breaks etc. At store level the work culture is rotten to the core, my experience is that nobody enjoys working in the Lidl retail environment. It is a very hostile work environment and I would not recommend working for this organisation.

Pros

No pros. No work-life balance

Cons

Long hours, limited opportunities for career advancement, little to no adequate training.

Stressful. Expect workplace bullying, but okay if desperate for money.

Lidl is okay if you are looking for a job that pays well as they do they pay quite well for retail and have decent pay increases. However, expect long hours, no talking on shifts, hours changed constantly with zero notice, weekly tests to remember a long list of PLUs, and a management approach that borders on mental bullying and abuse. Their approach is to simply throw you into the deep end and then complain if you can't swim. There are some nice staff, but sadly management really need actual training on how to treat their staff like people instead of dirt. Would recommend short-term while looking for a better job and to save some money, but certainly not as a long-term career.

Pros

Good pay and plenty of overtime

Cons

Very bad management; zero training; no social life

Nice to work

I enjoyed working with lidl a lot, they have given me quite a good bit if experience, although when i joined i had informed them of my anxiety and they understood this until i got ill due to my anxiety and the manager was kind of passive aggressive about it

Pros

Great colleagues, wonderful management

Cons

Rude customers, bad security

Recommended company for retail career

Excellent company for internally training their staff. Hours can be long when in management but well worth it. Highly pressurised at times but like any retail job this passes.

Great fast paced company for career oriented people

Great fast paced company for career oriented people. You get to work with most departments and are given a high level of responsibility. I would recommend it for those that are very career oriented.

Okay ish

Great culture and fun between colleagues. Working hours were a bit ridiculous, i.e. 1pm-11pm but sometimes you suddenly get asked (an hour prior to the end of your shift) go up to 1 am or even 3 am during Xmas period. Decent pay when compared to similar companies

Productive workplace

I was working in company for 9 years and got different experience in company working in different stores, education and different positions. In Lidl they have strong management which have to meet their KPIs every week, these leads to increased performance and competitive salaries. Its a big teamwork with good atmosphere at work. Management supports you in different aspects in your life, including training, education, preferable working shifts and career opportuinities.

I would recommend Lidl

Excellent paid . Plenty of overtime if wanted. Busy environment. Would recommend to any one to apply, if your up for a challenge. Dealing with customer can be a pleasure, good chats !!

Lidl

No life balance at all ,working like dog .to much work for one person .Few years ago was better.Now lidl only cut hours,only rush.lidl dont care about customer and staff.

Dynamic environment that is faced paced

Dynamic and faced paced work environment that requires collaborative and team efforts to run the store with efficiency. Excellent management that provide thorough training for all staff thereby providing opportunities for staff growth, development and promotion.

Customer Assistant

Only good thing about this company is the wages but you work for every penny that you earn as nothing is easy about working here. You have no life outside of lidl as your called in all the time for extra shifts to cover people. Managers could do with some basic training on how to actually treat their staff with some respect rather than treat them like the dirt on their shoes. Being tore to shreds for simple errors and never praised. Mental bullying at its finest

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement