Lidl Job security & advancement reviews

Ireland265 reviews

Clear
3.0Job security & advancement

Found 59 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,366 reviews

Good for experience and opportunities for promotions

A nice but fast paced workplace. Good pay and opportunities for advancement. Hardest part of the job was some unsociable hours, but would recommend overall.

Lidl

A very fast paced environment.Process driven roles.Rigid systems structure.Varied challenges daily .Moving technically in the right direction.will improve over time

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Long Hours

Worst place I've ever worked

Great job if you are willing to make your live a Lidl life. Spent more time in that kip over Christmas than I did at home with my family. They will work you like a dog if you are new because all the employees with contracts are lazy and can't be fired apparently. You will be told to pick 250 boxes an hour which is against h+s manual handling forget about it. There is fruit pallets in there that are over 6 ft in height and you have to pick them which means lifting above shoulder height. Managers are on a power trip and don't care about you but they have these "team talks" and other rubbish to make you think they care. Terrible place to work .. monthly pay and your first month you will only be paid for 20 hour weeks after doing a full month in hand

Pros

Good canteen, most colleagues are nice

Cons

Long hours, always being guilt tripped into overtime, managers haven't a clue

Great job satisfaction.

Work hard and get well paid. excellent benefits and training provided. Lots of opportunities to progress if you put in the work and are flexible. You will work very hard here.

Great Place to work

Fantastic opportunities for staff. Excellent training and internal progression. Treat all staff very well and great overall culture in the organisation.

Poor management, terrible work life balance, zero room for career progression

Poor management, terrible work life balance, zero room for career progression, nepotism practiced on daily basis. Very negative culture, people not respected or appreciated for overtime, long hours etc. Unfair process of promotions. Terrible place to work.

Pros

Gym in work building

Cons

Long work hours, poor work life balance, poor management practices, nepotism practiced on daily basis, lack of respect for colleagues

The management are really friendly and approachable. Lidl offer great opportunities to all of their workers and you can work your way up in the company.

Good

Good benefits and salary too.Perect place to work for young people whose looking for new opportunities and experience

Pros

Good money

Cons

Challenging and faced pace environment

Very target orientated, figures driven company. Full of extremely motivated employees who want to progress. Anything is possible attitude. Work life balance is an area for improvement for the company.

Pros

Salary

Lidl

Fast paced working environment which enables you develop as a logistics professional. Supports the growth of its staff whatever the level the individual is working.

No social life and no training

Had multiple induction days where we were told we would be getting trained in on numerous different things in the lidl shop. On my first day of work here I was put straight onto the till after being told at my induction day that I would not be put onto a till for the first four weeks of work here. From then on I havent been treated well by the manager and he always seems to be looking for something to give out to me about.

good

I liked working in lidl but it did not help me with advancing in my current area of study so I wanted to find a new job. The staff are all very friendly and the pay is well above average so which leads to a good environment.

Exposure to alot and work extremely hard

Culture is very productivity focused which goes beyond a high performing team. Those that are high performers are the bench mark for the average rather than seen as an over achiever. High customer service and high productivity also do not go together. Career progression and advancement is definitely a huge part of Lidl and any employee who is Career hungry and wants to progress can easily do so. A lot of training is provided however embedment of training could be improved. Salary and benefits are exemplary and employees are well taken care of in that respect. Hardest part of the job was dealing with senior managers who were not personable. Most enjoyable part was seeing employees achieve their goals.

Pros

Salary, Benefits, colleagues, professional exposure, career progression

Cons

Long hours, expectations, lack of people awareness

Choose to live a little

As an international business we are fully aware of our size and presence in the public eye.We respect cultural variety and recognise differences in values and traditions.Our work is a reflection of our Company Principles and Code of Conduct. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal. Outstanding value for money defines our market position. We grow through expansion and continuous improvement in our stores. As a retail multiple, we follow a systematic approach. Efficient decision making and simple working practices ensure our success. We comply with applicable law and internal guidelines. In conducting our daily business, we assume economic, social and environmental responsibility. It is our duty to be fair to everyone in our Company. We respect and support each other. We honour our agreements and believe in trust. Praise, recognition and constructive criticism shall determine our working atmosphere. We surround ourselves with ‘strong’ employees - with support through deputies assured in all areas.

sales assistant

Hello,I'm looking for sales assistant job,also can working for security,have experience,I am sociable, responsible,I'm serious look the work assigned to me

hard work but well paid

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with good team. Every day is different and that makes this job more exciting. I have learned that I able to work under pressure and achieve good results. This job is perfect for somebody who wants to progress further in the career.

Positiva en general

Mi experiencia en Lidl Irlanda fue gratificante en muchos aspectos. En primer lugar fue sorprendentemente fácil conseguir el trabajo pese a que no poseía experiencia previa en el sector de la alimentación y a que el inglés no es mi lengua materna aunque lo manejo con soltura. Desde el principio se preocuparon en enseñarme todos los aspectos de cada uno de los departamentos en tienda, desde la reposición, a la panadería, cartelería, marketing del supermercado, etc... hasta el manejo de caja donde finalmente fue donde más tiempo pasé. La relación con los jefes/encargados fue muy fluida, siempre con voluntad de cooperación y nunca sentí que fueran distantes ni que me trataran con superioridad. Con el resto del equipo también había buen ambiente ya que eso era lo que hacía que el trabajo saliera bien en el tiempo estipulado, ya que está cadena alemana trabaja bajo objetivos de eficiencia. Quizás lo más díficil al principio fue adaptarme al sistema de trabajo europeo que me resultó bastante diferente al español pero eso a la misma vez lo encontré realmente positivo y enriquecedor. Lo que más me gustó fue trabajar en un ambiente internacional, aprender otra profesión y la cultura del derecho y el deber del trabajador que se respetaba y convivían perfectamente.

Pros

Horas extras pagadas, seguro médico, promoción interna, estabilidad laboral, formación

Cons

presión por cumplir los objetivos de tiempo y eficiencia

Hard work but paid well.

I was promoted after nine months - there was always an opportunity for promotion, advancement or transfer to another store etc. internal opportunities with the company are very good. Management culture is better than other places as lots of managers have worked up the chain and therefore know what they are asking of their staff - obviously some people are always going to be unfair, or let a promotion go to their heads. But there was always support for staff from other aspects of management and problems could be resolved quickly and efficiently. Working here is hard, long hours, very stressful environment - its like being in a gym, doing a total workout for the length of your shift and you are being bombarded by questions from customers who did not care how much you are sweating unless you are sweating for them. Found working in smaller town stores much better than working in the city - city stores carry the same amount of staff despite the fact that there is a much larger footfall through the doors. There is also not much attention paid to whether or not he staff on duty can physically do the job at hand - as some staff members prove themselves better than others they will find more pressure being placed on them to carry others. For example, recent changes to till speed records - In previous years each member of staff was required to scan thirty-five items per minute through the checkout, this is achievable with practice, I averaged forty itemsper minute without trying after four years with the company, but there are others who still cannot reach twenty items per minute. -

Pros

Very good wages.

Cons

Long hours, exploitation of hard workers.

Working in Lidl

I used to work as a shop assistant in Lidl (Togher) in the past until I was transferred to Lidl in Ballincollig where my position of a shop assistant was promoted to a trainee manager. Lidl has given me experiences in how to work in team, manage many tasks at the same time and how to cope with stress in stressful situations. My work experiences enabled me to work as a team player which gave me knowledge of what a good team player should be like. I also learn, that the completion of work task does not only consist in hard work but also in mutual understanding and helping – these are the main key factors that facilitate the work done efficiently and thoroughly.

Pros

Good salary

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Job security & advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?