Lidl Management reviews

I enjoyed working with lidl a lot, they have given me quite a good bit if experience, although when i joined i had informed them of my anxiety and they understood this until i got ill due to my anxiety and the manager was kind of passive aggressive about it
Pros
Great colleagues, wonderful management
Cons
Rude customers, bad security
Most of the staffs are bullying and demotivating. Always blames and compares with others. Even after your best of efforts they will say you are slow. Very difficult for new staffs.
Pros
Nothing much
Cons
Stress. Long hour, Bullying, Unsocial hours, lots of physical work and lifting
Extremely militaristic in their approach to work. Not given reasonable amount of time to complete tasks. 'Work smarter, not harder' is a favourite expression used by upper management. You are given tacit approval to cut corners in order to get tasks done, but if anything goes wrong you will be heavily reprimanded or fired by the same upper management. Upper management will absolve themselves of any responsibility if there are issues or complaints made. Retail staff are at the coal face and must suffer the consequences when things don't go according to plan e.g work longer hours than planned, appease disgruntled customers, forgo lunch breaks etc. At store level the work culture is rotten to the core, my experience is that nobody enjoys working in the Lidl retail environment. It is a very hostile work environment and I would not recommend working for this organisation.
Pros
No pros. No work-life balance
Cons
Long hours, limited opportunities for career advancement, little to no adequate training.
Good place to work, i have work and personal balance. Great team and management. Work involves till operations, packing shelves, baking. Some shifts can be physically challenging, because requires speed and efficiency.
Honestly my experience is much like many of what I see here. Awful management bordering on abuse. Give u too much work possible for your shift then threaten u with your job if u leave after your shift. Will make u stay for hours after u were supposed to be finished purposely. Left after 6 months because of all these issues. Got shouted at daily by foreign people in a language I don't understand, making snide remarks and talking about you to there colleagues. PLEASE LISTEN AND DON'T WORK THERE. you will regret it, it could be different elsewhere but the midlands of Ireland are brutal. I really wanted that job to work out and I had no bias against LIDL but after my experience I'd rather clean toilets. Serious lesson in being nicer to people needed. You can't even go higher up to make a complaint about any trouble either, the regional manager seemed in cohoots with the shop manager and will brush things under the carpet or all of them will try get rid of you, terrible terrible experience.
Pros
Feck all
Cons
Nearly everything
Worst place to work. Place is understaffed with a high staff turnover. Management are not organised. A female deputy store manager is rude and arrogant and has no self respect or manners towards staff at all. It is surprising she still has a job in the store. This job has made me ill, I have lost a lot of weight due to stress and have been ill regularly due to working here. Your health is more important than this job! The way myself and others were treated in there is beyond a joke. To have money thrown at you, to be spoken to rudely and looked down upon. The standard for any Lidl store. There is a serious problem with lack of communication in this store. The shifts are very long and they do not appreciate favours or you covering shifts. The stuff you put up with in that place isn't worth the money you are paid. Breaks are a joke there is no structure! You could go hours and hours without a break and management DO NOT care. Myself and another temporary colleague were badly treated by staff here and bullied physically and mentally. I was working one day 9.30-4pm and did not get a break until 2.10pm and to be told ' when we get the bakery sorted you can get your break'. How is running the bakery more important than an employee who is starving and has very little energy to serve customers? If you're lucky enough you'll be trained in the bakery. You will be used for the shifts that people don't want to do. Bakery is very pressurising and tbh I don't see the point in learning how to do it, it's not a thing that'll get you through life working in Lidl bakery. Management constantly - more...
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, treated badly, rude staff, rundown/ill
Brutal company who don’t mind there staff , only a number there , no training , no development, and all fake . No work life balance and punished for been sick .
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management
Lidl is okay if you are looking for a job that pays well as they do they pay quite well for retail and have decent pay increases. However, expect long hours, no talking on shifts, hours changed constantly with zero notice, weekly tests to remember a long list of PLUs, and a management approach that borders on mental bullying and abuse. Their approach is to simply throw you into the deep end and then complain if you can't swim. There are some nice staff, but sadly management really need actual training on how to treat their staff like people instead of dirt. Would recommend short-term while looking for a better job and to save some money, but certainly not as a long-term career.
Pros
Good pay and plenty of overtime
Cons
Very bad management; zero training; no social life
Great staff in store and indeed all stores but unfortunately that’s where the good story ends! Senior management have not embraced the ‘engaged workforce’ philosophy and unbelievably in these times still behave appallingly and disrespectfully.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lidl?
Excellent company for internally training their staff. Hours can be long when in management but well worth it. Highly pressurised at times but like any retail job this passes.
Excellent: management , staff , environment , hours , pay , lunch Very busy day always moving and keeping busy very helpful co-wprkers and management staff
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
No cons
When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.
Stay away nothing but slave drive. Especially heading boss. Very rude. And d.m. are worst. Bullies. Treat you like piece off dirt on the floor
I was working in company for 9 years and got different experience in company working in different stores, education and different positions. In Lidl they have strong management which have to meet their KPIs every week, these leads to increased performance and competitive salaries. Its a big teamwork with good atmosphere at work. Management supports you in different aspects in your life, including training, education, preferable working shifts and career opportuinities.
Very supportive from the management side. Good hours and good money. Very friendly environment, fast and busy environment for work but enjoyable I personally higher recommend.
No team work and poor training make the beginning really tough, Managers with lack of personal skills low store morale, Hard to plan personal life due to constant changes in work shifts
Pros
Ones can get a lot of hours and make a good money.
Cons
Poor team work and poor training, Stressful environment managed by people with lack of personal skills
Absolute joke company worked in the Mullingar warehouse for 3 and a half years and the best thing I ever did was leave No concept of people caring more about there life outside of lidl the company has to come first Money is good if your prepared to work at weekends at night and do 50 hour weeks Your told you can progress that s nonsense Back breaking labour with no standard of health and safety you are looked at as a number and you will be flogged until you can't work anymore Ridiculously underqualified supervisors who have no concept of what there supervising bit will then criticise performance when you might see them for 5 mins a week overall disgrace of a company and no amount of money would get me too work there again
Typical day at work Management put a pressure on targets Good money but hard work Strange culture between employees Fight for hours Flexible time shifts
Very hard work, management stick where they are with not much movement so only able to progress when they decide to leave. Pays very well for both staff and management but work life balance suffers because of it.
An amazing 12years, until the board of Directors, changed. A case of if your face doesn't fit move on. Having spent many happy years with the company the team managing the overall business changed and caused havoc for many of the existing team who had dedicated many years to the growth and development of the company. When management run the business with the sole purpose of making themselves look good at the expense of others it is time to pull out and move on. Sneaky, underhanded tactics were used consistently to demotivate and undermine any of the activities that had been implemented over previous years, many of which had been extremely successful. Still have a very positive attitude towards the business as a whole, however, the current reputation gained by the current Irish Board says it all!!!
Dynamic and faced paced work environment that requires collaborative and team efforts to run the store with efficiency. Excellent management that provide thorough training for all staff thereby providing opportunities for staff growth, development and promotion.