Lidl

Lidl Pay & benefits reviews

Well paid with opportunities to progress. No work life balance and a fast paced stressful environment to work in.
Pros
Good Salary, Company car, good exposure to managing
Cons
No work life balance. Working with limited resources. No proper support from area managers
hard work, you had to be fast and efficient, lots of long hours, few breaks, staff not friendly, huge pressure load, cleaning/security guard as well sales assistant for the shop is unacceptable, huge racism problem with this company
Pros
pay
Cons
A very fast paced environment.Process driven roles.Rigid systems structure.Varied challenges daily .Moving technically in the right direction.will improve over time
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Long Hours
working for lidl is tough but rewarding. You must be wiling to work part of a team but also capable of working on your own. A high level of professionalism is expected combined with the customer first attitude.
Pros
good wage
Cons
Good place to work, but takes a lot of your life time. Hard to get well work life balance. Distance from home to work is big, cost extra time of your life time.
Pros
Pensions and health insurance benefits
Cons
No consistency with work times.
Each worker must be able to work everywhere. such as the till the floor and back store. I became very hardworking due to working in Lidl. I worked long hours and it payed off
Pros
experience
Cons
Work hard and get well paid. excellent benefits and training provided. Lots of opportunities to progress if you put in the work and are flexible. You will work very hard here.
I worked as an SOM for 4months and it's the worst job I have ever had. Employees for the most part hate working there and are only there for the money which creates a very poor working environment. Money is the only good thing although when you work out the hourly pay for an SOM it's only €13.73 an hour on account of the crazy hours at €50,000 per annum. Obviously this is the starting wage and your Salary increases if you can stick it which most don't. I would advise to stay away!!
Pros
Good Salary.
Cons
Insane hours, poor working atmosphere, bad executive management.
Good benefits and salary too.Perect place to work for young people whose looking for new opportunities and experience
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very target orientated, figures driven company. Full of extremely motivated employees who want to progress. Anything is possible attitude. Work life balance is an area for improvement for the company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time.Enjoyed working there, learned a lot of new skills.I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team.Its time to move. Unfortunately often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company, often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift.No time for private live.!! Lidl breach Health and Safety Regulation regarding to employee and his/her ergonomic friendly place to work.
Pros
Good Salary Pension Plan Medical Insurance
Cons
No Life Balance
Lidl is a great place to work if you are driven and hardworking. I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team. Management are very good but they expect a lot. The salary is very good but you work very hard for it.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Long Work Hours
Culture is very productivity focused which goes beyond a high performing team. Those that are high performers are the bench mark for the average rather than seen as an over achiever. High customer service and high productivity also do not go together. Career progression and advancement is definitely a huge part of Lidl and any employee who is Career hungry and wants to progress can easily do so. A lot of training is provided however embedment of training could be improved. Salary and benefits are exemplary and employees are well taken care of in that respect. Hardest part of the job was dealing with senior managers who were not personable. Most enjoyable part was seeing employees achieve their goals.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, colleagues, professional exposure, career progression
Cons
Long hours, expectations, lack of people awareness
i found working for lidl multitasking is a big deal. you can work on checkouts for an hour and then move between checkouts and bakery or checkouts and floor work. There is no dossing its constant work all the time. good company to work.
Pros
kept busy, working constantly, pay scale.
Cons
low hours, being called in on days off.
Tey expect alot.Are very hard to please.Managment are always stressed whih passes on to the work force. Could use more staff working in the shop
As an international business we are fully aware of our size and presence in the public eye.We respect cultural variety and recognise differences in values and traditions.Our work is a reflection of our Company Principles and Code of Conduct. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal. Outstanding value for money defines our market position. We grow through expansion and continuous improvement in our stores. As a retail multiple, we follow a systematic approach. Efficient decision making and simple working practices ensure our success. We comply with applicable law and internal guidelines. In conducting our daily business, we assume economic, social and environmental responsibility. It is our duty to be fair to everyone in our Company. We respect and support each other. We honour our agreements and believe in trust. Praise, recognition and constructive criticism shall determine our working atmosphere. We surround ourselves with ‘strong’ employees - with support through deputies assured in all areas.
Mi experiencia en Lidl Irlanda fue gratificante en muchos aspectos. En primer lugar fue sorprendentemente fácil conseguir el trabajo pese a que no poseía experiencia previa en el sector de la alimentación y a que el inglés no es mi lengua materna aunque lo manejo con soltura. Desde el principio se preocuparon en enseñarme todos los aspectos de cada uno de los departamentos en tienda, desde la reposición, a la panadería, cartelería, marketing del supermercado, etc... hasta el manejo de caja donde finalmente fue donde más tiempo pasé. La relación con los jefes/encargados fue muy fluida, siempre con voluntad de cooperación y nunca sentí que fueran distantes ni que me trataran con superioridad. Con el resto del equipo también había buen ambiente ya que eso era lo que hacía que el trabajo saliera bien en el tiempo estipulado, ya que está cadena alemana trabaja bajo objetivos de eficiencia. Quizás lo más díficil al principio fue adaptarme al sistema de trabajo europeo que me resultó bastante diferente al español pero eso a la misma vez lo encontré realmente positivo y enriquecedor. Lo que más me gustó fue trabajar en un ambiente internacional, aprender otra profesión y la cultura del derecho y el deber del trabajador que se respetaba y convivían perfectamente.
Pros
Horas extras pagadas, seguro médico, promoción interna, estabilidad laboral, formación
Cons
presión por cumplir los objetivos de tiempo y eficiencia
very short or very long hours depend on season good co-workers
Good place to work with good hourly salary, good internal opportunities available.
Pros
good salary
Cons
less hours to work per week
The job can be very stressfull and requires you to give 110% at all time and make sure all staff are giving as much. There is a procedure for everything and this can help you to complete all jobs efficiently and can also make doing jobs a bit difficult as all boxes need to be ticked and the job needs to be completed 100%
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Stressfull
I used to work as a shop assistant in Lidl (Togher) in the past until I was transferred to Lidl in Ballincollig where my position of a shop assistant was promoted to a trainee manager. Lidl has given me experiences in how to work in team, manage many tasks at the same time and how to cope with stress in stressful situations. My work experiences enabled me to work as a team player which gave me knowledge of what a good team player should be like. I also learn, that the completion of work task does not only consist in hard work but also in mutual understanding and helping – these are the main key factors that facilitate the work done efficiently and thoroughly.
Pros
Good salary