Lidl Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 5,870 reviews
Good
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 November 2016
Good benefits and salary too.Perect place to work for young people whose looking for new opportunities and experience
Pros
Good money
Cons
Challenging and faced pace environment
Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 November 2016
Very target orientated, figures driven company. Full of extremely motivated employees who want to progress. Anything is possible attitude. Work life balance is an area for improvement for the company.
Pros
Salary
Hard Work and
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork4 October 2016
A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time.Enjoyed working there, learned a lot of new skills.I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team.Its time to move.

Unfortunately often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company, often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift.No time for private live.!!

Lidl breach Health and Safety Regulation regarding to employee and his/her ergonomic friendly place to work.
Pros
Good Salary Pension Plan Medical Insurance
Cons
No Life Balance
Very Efficient Hands-on Company
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland16 June 2016
Lidl is a great place to work if you are driven and hardworking. I learned a lot working in Lidl as they train you on all aspects of the store including cash handling, baking, cleaning, stock take, inventory , dealing with customers and working as a member of a driven team. Management are very good but they expect a lot. The salary is very good but you work very hard for it.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Long Work Hours
Exposure to alot and work extremely hard
Middle manager (Former Employee) –  Kildare21 January 2016
Culture is very productivity focused which goes beyond a high performing team. Those that are high performers are the bench mark for the average rather than seen as an over achiever. High customer service and high productivity also do not go together.

Career progression and advancement is definitely a huge part of Lidl and any employee who is Career hungry and wants to progress can easily do so. A lot of training is provided however embedment of training could be improved.

Salary and benefits are exemplary and employees are well taken care of in that respect.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with senior managers who were not personable. Most enjoyable part was seeing employees achieve their goals.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, colleagues, professional exposure, career progression
Cons
Long hours, expectations, lack of people awareness
Hard work but good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  monaghan9 June 2015
Tey expect alot.Are very hard to please.Managment are always stressed whih passes on to the work force. Could use more staff working in the shop
Choose to live a little
Deputy Store Manager/ Leading Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland5 June 2015
As an international business we are fully aware of our size and presence in the public eye.We respect cultural variety and recognise differences in values and traditions.Our work is a reflection of our Company Principles and Code of Conduct.
Customer satisfaction is our primary goal.
Outstanding value for money defines our market position.
We grow through expansion and continuous improvement in our stores.
As a retail multiple, we follow a systematic approach.
Efficient decision making and simple working practices ensure our success.
We comply with applicable law and internal guidelines.
In conducting our daily business, we assume economic, social and environmental responsibility.
It is our duty to be fair to everyone in our Company.
We respect and support each other.
We honour our agreements and believe in trust.
Praise, recognition and constructive criticism shall determine our working atmosphere.
We surround ourselves with ‘strong’ employees - with support through deputies assured in all areas.
good
picker, goods in (Former Employee) –  charleville5 March 2014
very short or very long hours depend on season
good co-workers
Productive, good salary
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1410 February 2014
Good place to work with good hourly salary, good internal opportunities available.
Pros
good salary
Cons
less hours to work per week
The Job
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sligo, Bundoran, Donegal26 January 2014
The job can be very stressfull and requires you to give 110% at all time and make sure all staff are giving as much. There is a procedure for everything and this can help you to complete all jobs efficiently and can also make doing jobs a bit difficult as all boxes need to be ticked and the job needs to be completed 100%
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Stressfull
Working in Lidl
Trainee manager (Former Employee) –  Ballincollig7 June 2013
I used to work as a shop assistant in Lidl (Togher) in the past until I was transferred to Lidl in Ballincollig where my position of a shop assistant was promoted to a trainee manager. Lidl has given me experiences in how to work in team, manage many tasks at the same time and how to cope with stress in stressful situations. My work experiences enabled me to work as a team player which gave me knowledge of what a good team player should be like. I also learn, that the completion of work task does not only consist in hard work but also in mutual understanding and helping – these are the main key factors that facilitate the work done efficiently and thoroughly.
Pros
Good salary
High Paced and high stress Job
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Donegal, Bundoran, Sligo, Carrick on Shannon29 January 2013
If every thing goes well, you can have a good day at work and every one can be in good spirits, but that is a rare thing. Every day is differant and every job has to be completed as quickly as you can. The faster you work, the more time you have to do other jobs.One advantage is that there is a procedure for every job to be done on a daly basis. Saying this, it also means nothing can be missed as every item that has to be done, has a sign off sheet and if it is not done, there is no excuses. You either get the job done or you leave. The people you work with vary as with every company and can make the differance to having an easy life or a difficult one. The reason for this is, every one deals with the stress differantly and some have a laugh, while others will moan all day long. It all depends on the manager and district manager, as if they are good and organised and communicate well and work well, This reflects in the store and staff. But 1 or 2 i worked with were lazy, disorganised and a bully and life got hard. Saying all this, the pay is good, ranging from 38k up to 44k. I was on 42k when i left and misss the money now, but i left because i have a daughter and wanted to spend more time with her.
Pros
good pay and benefits, including pension, health insurance
Cons
long hours, stressfull and very high paced environment.