Lidl

Ireland257 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Found 138 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,231 reviews

Rewarding salary/wages but you need to commit

You need to have a strong backbone to work in Lidl as it can get stressful easily. This job will help you mature and realise your potential. The hours can be long but what you give is what you get. They can be very forgiving with needed days off or shift changes but you also need to hold up your end of the deal.

Pros

Great salary and flexibility

Cons

Long hours and short staffing

A decent wage, very fast paced sometimes

Decent management but stressed too as it can be very busy at times, the busier the shop the more hours can be given to staff so there are lots of opportunities to work extra in busy shops.

Pros

Loads of extra hours if busy shop

Cons

long hours, always tired but at least paid well if you do extra work

A very fast-paced workplace which can be stressful. The pay is good, but prepare for a pretty intense workplace environment.

Lidl is a fast-paced and stressful workplace. However, it pays very well and you always get the correct breaks. I enjoyed the work overall (cleaning, customer service etc), but I had to spend most of my time on the tills which soon became monotonous and tiring. My Lidl was understaffed, often only having 3 or 4 people closing the entire shop; you are expected to complete several tasks very quickly but to an extremely high standard which creates stress. I often ended up working late during my evening shift, especially on Sundays where I sometimes didn't get out until midnight, despite my finishing time being 22:00 or 22:30.

Room for growth

Overall a good company to work for. I was a customer assistant. Responsibilities included working the till, stocking shelves and general customer service. Excellent training was given before I began working.

Pros

Room for growth and excellent training Good salary overall for new starters Opportunity for overtime

Cons

Shift work can be tough for work-life balance

Super repetitive

You're expected to work on a till for up to 10 hours straight a day. No rotation between till and floor. Pay is great but only a robot is suitable for this job. Wouldn't recommend

Tough work

Work is tough. Constant staff change. Depends on department you are in. F&V is awful. Money is good but work life balance is difficult. Always asked to work extra.

You control your development

Working in Lidl has given me the opportunity to grow and develop. As long as I want to keep growing, Lidl provides me with the opportunity. Work hard and you get rewarded.

Pros

2 days working from home, free parking, on site gym, very modern office and plenty of freebies all the time!

Cons

If you dont like working hard this isnt for you.

Fun workplace but not worth the hustle.

I liked working there, but you need to like long hours, I would not recommend it to a friend, but if you really need a job then they pay not that bad.

Fast peast company but I enjoyed every minute. Team members friendly and helpful. I'm happy with the company. Time just flys on the shop floor. Managment is fine if you hard working

Fast paced, heavy lifting

Very good if long hours are needed but monthly pay is the worst part about it. I would recommend it as a long term job but make sure you have a good savings scheme.

Pros

Lots of overtime available

Cons

Monthly pay

Fast paced

You really earn that extra few quid an hour. Once you get used to the fast paced environment, and accept that each day will be all go the whoole time, you will learn to enjoy it and make the most out of the benefits.

Will ruin your life!

Poor culture and leadership from all levels within the business. Pressure pot at all times and be prepared to be over monitored at all times. Poor work environment, poor work life balance.

Pros

Cons

It’s terrible

Lidl motto: we pay so we own You..... zero respect.

If for better money You willing give up Your private life for work and You don't mind if they will treat You like garbage then You should be happy there. And be sure that You have strong back because this work is psychically extremely demanding

Pros

Salary.

Cons

Rest

Good payment but really stressful

Good payment but really stressfulNot really good balance work x life Poor management Sometimes Start very early or finish late night To much pressure

Avoid

Would not recommend long term there are easier ways of making money early starts understaffed under consistent pressure very easy to injury your back

Very fast faced

Very fast place to work, not much of a work culture, feel like you work alone as you don’t ever talk to anyone, the hours are long and hard at times, but management are nice and will give you time off for occasions when you need it

Pros

More than minimum pay

Cons

Long hours, monthly pay

Intense and long hours

Not for the faint hearted, early morning starts, very long hours and you're gonna be getting a phone call on your day off to come in or help another store. Play ball with them and you could potentially be rewarded but you will have to stick with the company for a long time til you see any benefits.

Pros

Best paying retailer

Cons

Long hours, never a weekend off, sometimes work 9-13 days in a row

Good for progression

Flexible workimg hours, on site canteen, company car.Moving from operations to head office the work becomes too slow but the work life balance improves.

Is ok

Ok place to work, all depends which RDC you work for.Xmass €50 Lidl gift card bonus is a joke.2 month's xmass songs nonstop, drives staff crazy.Depends on your store Manager - you might forget about weekend's. Plan your days of month in advance

Pros

Good pay, friendly staff

Cons

Xmass songs for 2 month's nonstop. Takes to long to fix a issues with the building

Toxic environment

Understaffed, toxic, demanding customers, stress and pushing management! Long hours, very stressful job!No work, life balance! Just stay way, from this company! Maybe better outside Dublin!

Pros

Job security

Cons

Stressful, late nights and early mornings

When they say "faced paced work environment" they actually mean you are constantly under pressure to get things done. They want things done at lighting fast pace and it is an awful struggle to keep up. You always feel like you're not good enough. Managers are always up the walls trying to get things done. Very early morning shifts (you have to wake up at 4am in the morning or earlier to start your 5am shift) plus very late nights quite often. The rota says you'll be finished by 10:30pm but this is BS. You could be there till 3am in the morning or on a very good day 11pm. They are constantly understaffed with people calling in sick plus the incredible work load you have already, even if everyone is in its still so much to doBreaks are a joke; you must take your break when you are told even if you have only been in for 2 hours of your 10-hour shift. They also want you to clock out a minute before the clock hits the hour so they are by law only entitled to give you a certain amount of break time. For example, if you had an 8-hour shift, they would want to you clock out at 7 hours and 59 minutes so you don't have an hour break, you have a 30 minute one instead. I once did a 9-hour shift with no break because my rota only had me in for 5 hours (so 4 hours 59 minutes, aka not entitled to a break) and I was there till 3am (6pm-3am, 9 hours). I must add that your breaks are not paid for so if you don't have a break, you are paid accordingly, none the less its terrible, you are recked tired. Also, if you have to watch a video as part of your training then they expect you to do it during -

Pros

Good pay, sometimes you get free food from the bakery

Cons

In ridiculously early, often stay very late. Breaks are a joke. Under staffed, always under pressure. No staff wifi

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Lidl
  • Work-life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?