Lidl logo

2.9
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,707 reviews

Well Paid but you work in return.

Well paid with opportunities to progress. No work life balance and a fast paced stressful environment to work in.

Pros

Good Salary, Company car, good exposure to managing

Cons

No work life balance. Working with limited resources. No proper support from area managers

Poor management, terrible work life balance, zero room for career progression

Poor management, terrible work life balance, zero room for career progression, nepotism practiced on daily basis. Very negative culture, people not respected or appreciated for overtime, long hours etc. Unfair process of promotions. Terrible place to work.

Pros

Gym in work building

Cons

Long work hours, poor work life balance, poor management practices, nepotism practiced on daily basis, lack of respect for colleagues

Do not Work Here

As a deputy Store Manager it is very stressful and hard to take ownership and be responsible when the company do not train there staff. Stores are not staffed sufficiently in order to complete all tasks. This company will take your soul away.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours and no quality of life

Concentration camp

Worst mistake of my life taking this job. Starting at 1 pm and not allowed leave till everything is done which usually was 1 or 2am. Ideal job for someone who has no life, no partner and definitely no kids. A robot basically.

The management are really friendly and approachable. Lidl offer great opportunities to all of their workers and you can work your way up in the company.

Good

Good benefits and salary too.Perect place to work for young people whose looking for new opportunities and experience

Pros

Good money

Cons

Challenging and faced pace environment

Very target orientated, figures driven company. Full of extremely motivated employees who want to progress. Anything is possible attitude. Work life balance is an area for improvement for the company.

Pros

Salary

Mentally draining

Worked for 2 years within company very fast paced work environment too much expected hours vary from week to week can be cut anytime depending on how busy the day is!often got phone calls from management to come to work on days off every week and if I had other plans and refused hours would be cut the week after to advance in this company seem to depend which country your from often had no breaks in a shift this including a 12 hour shift would stay far away from this company if I'm been honest

Pros

Kept busy

Cons

Management companies policies

Nightmare to work for

its a nightmare to work for. No proper training is provided and you been put on pack out straight away. There are time limit for everything even they would except on your first day you should do like who is working for last 10 years. Same goes with bakery. Believe me you dont want be be in bakery. No proper training provided and on your second day manager will come to you and bully you why you are late. Managers and trainee managers are bullies. They would bully you until you quite the job. 11.50 per hour but you will work until you collapsed

Pros

Big Company

Cons

Bad Management

Patience and hard work

I worked with an amazing group of people which you can always count on, they made the most stressful day at work bearable.

Jobs at Lidl

See more jobs

Challenging but fun

A challenging job in retail due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds but I learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication throughout my time in LIDL. management and co-workers are very pleasant at all times. Morning shifts start very early and evening shift can finish very late, you're kept busy and the time flies by.

Pros

Approachable management and staff

Cons

Very early starts on mornings, late finishes on evenings

Lidl Ireland- Fast-Paced Environment

A typical day in Lidl was constantly changing and was challenging from all aspects. Maintaining a tight ship was not always easy but I thrived on the constant challenges. My job title was a store manager but it was imperative to work as a team player to gain respect from our staff and to get the jobs done. I had to liaise daily with head office on store productivity and any problems which arose. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Lidl as I learned a lot about the business and gained the confidence in knowing I was capable of such a sought after position. But the hardest part of the job for me was the strict time schedules, there was not one week that went past that I didn't have to do overtime( up to 10 hours weekly not paid after maybe a 12-15 hour shift) due to the business in store.

Pros

Great Money

Cons

Extremely Long Hours

Exposure to alot and work extremely hard

Culture is very productivity focused which goes beyond a high performing team. Those that are high performers are the bench mark for the average rather than seen as an over achiever. High customer service and high productivity also do not go together. Career progression and advancement is definitely a huge part of Lidl and any employee who is Career hungry and wants to progress can easily do so. A lot of training is provided however embedment of training could be improved. Salary and benefits are exemplary and employees are well taken care of in that respect. Hardest part of the job was dealing with senior managers who were not personable. Most enjoyable part was seeing employees achieve their goals.

Pros

Salary, Benefits, colleagues, professional exposure, career progression

Cons

Long hours, expectations, lack of people awareness

hard worker.

:split shift and busy day,working 15 to 16 hour day. a new experience dealing a costumers. my co worker was good. the hardest part of the job was starting 5 o'clock in the morning. the most enjoyable part was when you talking to costumers.

Pros

lestining music

Cons

busy work

Bad atmosphere to work in

zero work life balance if they could get ya to work 24 hours a day they would,and justify it by saying...."well everyone does it" bad atmosphere to work in, everybody has their own agenda,staff relationships are non existence to sum the place up in 1 line i would say lidl is a comunist company run by capitalists

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad atmosphere

I learned a lot about a fast paced retail environment with my time in lidl. It was customer driven and full on. there were king working hours including early morning, late evenings and night shifts.

Positiva en general

Mi experiencia en Lidl Irlanda fue gratificante en muchos aspectos. En primer lugar fue sorprendentemente f谩cil conseguir el trabajo pese a que no pose铆a experiencia previa en el sector de la alimentaci贸n y a que el ingl茅s no es mi lengua materna aunque lo manejo con soltura. Desde el principio se preocuparon en ense帽arme todos los aspectos de cada uno de los departamentos en tienda, desde la reposici贸n, a la panader铆a, carteler铆a, marketing del supermercado, etc... hasta el manejo de caja donde finalmente fue donde m谩s tiempo pas茅. La relaci贸n con los jefes/encargados fue muy fluida, siempre con voluntad de cooperaci贸n y nunca sent铆 que fueran distantes ni que me trataran con superioridad. Con el resto del equipo tambi茅n hab铆a buen ambiente ya que eso era lo que hac铆a que el trabajo saliera bien en el tiempo estipulado, ya que est谩 cadena alemana trabaja bajo objetivos de eficiencia. Quiz谩s lo m谩s d铆ficil al principio fue adaptarme al sistema de trabajo europeo que me result贸 bastante diferente al espa帽ol pero eso a la misma vez lo encontr茅 realmente positivo y enriquecedor. Lo que m谩s me gust贸 fue trabajar en un ambiente internacional, aprender otra profesi贸n y la cultura del derecho y el deber del trabajador que se respetaba y conviv铆an perfectamente.

Pros

Horas extras pagadas, seguro m茅dico, promoci贸n interna, estabilidad laboral, formaci贸n

Cons

presi贸n por cumplir los objetivos de tiempo y eficiencia

hard working and fun

Very busy shop, starting an 8 hour shift id prepare myself for the continuous flow of people. Staff had job roles such as the tills or shop floor. The shop is kept as tidy as possible so this means we would work at speed and on our own initiative. My co. workers were brilliant, we all worked well together.

Hard work but paid well.

I was promoted after nine months - there was always an opportunity for promotion, advancement or transfer to another store etc. internal opportunities with the company are very good. Management culture is better than other places as lots of managers have worked up the chain and therefore know what they are asking of their staff - obviously some people are always going to be unfair, or let a promotion go to their heads. But there was always support for staff from other aspects of management and problems could be resolved quickly and efficiently. Working here is hard, long hours, very stressful environment - its like being in a gym, doing a total workout for the length of your shift and you are being bombarded by questions from customers who did not care how much you are sweating unless you are sweating for them. Found working in smaller town stores much better than working in the city - city stores carry the same amount of staff despite the fact that there is a much larger footfall through the doors. There is also not much attention paid to whether or not he staff on duty can physically do the job at hand - as some staff members prove themselves better than others they will find more pressure being placed on them to carry others. For example, recent changes to till speed records - In previous years each member of staff was required to scan thirty-five items per minute through the checkout, this is achievable with practice, I averaged forty itemsper minute without trying after four years with the company, but there are others who still cannot reach twenty items per minute.聽-聽

Pros

Very good wages.

Cons

Long hours, exploitation of hard workers.

ok place to work

mornings pack-out orders evenings close down shop small pack out for next morning good staff no respect

good

very short or very long hours depend on season good co-workers

1.6K