Lidl Employee Review

Found management hard to deal with

17 February 2020
When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.
29 October 2018
Store Assistant (Current Employee) - Swords, County Dublin
I have been working as a store assistant for the last 8 years in lidl. Staff treated badly from the beginning. Most managers are bullies but some are good. Very hard working job. Good pay with good benefits. Not viable long term. Lidl chews you up and spits you out when it suits them. I would advise to stay away. I am currently looking for another job to get out of this place. Met some nice people along the way but generally never in Upper management. Agreements mean nothing to management except when it suits them. Very sly place to work!!!
Pros
Money per hour
Cons
A lot is wrong with this company
19 January 2018
Store assistant (Former Employee) - Newcastle West, County Limerick
Typical day at work is hard day. I have learned how to deal with customers to make them happy. Workplace culture is fine. THe hardest part ofo the job is to make customer happy.
22 March 2017
Store Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I had a lot to learn during my work here.
A challenging job due as you do quite a bit of everything from operating checkouts to stocking shelves and to be done within certain speeds, but I learned a lot about the importance of working as a team.Learned a lot of new skills including cash handling, baking, inventory, stock taking, dealing with costumers and working as a member of a driven team.
Cons
Long late shifts