Lidl Employee Review

Busy environment, always something to do

8 August 2018
Lidl is a really fast paced working environment, you'll always have a task to do and sometimes it will feel like there aren't enough hours to get everything done!
A typical day in job consists of working the tills, (Only the bare minimum of cashiers to service customers so always expect a queue)

cleaning up any floor spills, carrying spoiled or damaged products to the back of house, baking and laying out the fresh bread, moving pallets, cashing up, if you're on the closing shift you don't get to go home until the work is done but you will be paid for every minute you work. the starting wage is about 11.50 euro an hour and this will increase every 12 months.

Ideal for a first job but not much in terms of career advancement and they WILL call you on your days off when they are short-staffed there is no shortage of overtime.
Pros
good money per hour, lots of overtime available, easy to swap a shift
Cons
long hours - 11-9 shifts, can get out late when you are closing shop, trolley tests etc
9 July 2020
Same roleSame location
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I enjoyed working with lidl a lot, they have given me quite a good bit if experience, although when i joined i had informed them of my anxiety and they understood this until i got ill due to my anxiety and the manager was kind of passive aggressive about it
Pros
Great colleagues, wonderful management
Cons
Rude customers, bad security
25 February 2020
Same role
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) - Westport, County Mayo
When I started in lidl I thought it was impossible but when I settled into the swing of the the fast pase busy days it was easy it becomes second nature.
15 January 2020
Same location
COSTUMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) - Dublin
Fast work environment, needs high attention to details all the time and a Good Team Work.
Payments are made monthly and they have a great pay rate per hour.