Lidl Employee Review

Busy environment, always something to do
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 August 2018
Lidl is a really fast paced working environment, you'll always have a task to do and sometimes it will feel like there aren't enough hours to get everything done!
A typical day in job consists of working the tills, (Only the bare minimum of cashiers to service customers so always expect a queue)
cleaning up any floor spills, carrying spoiled or damaged products to the back of house, baking and laying out the fresh bread, moving pallets, cashing up, if you're on the closing shift you don't get to go home until the work is done but you will be paid for every minute you work. the starting wage is about 11.50 euro an hour and this will increase every 12 months.
Ideal for a first job but not much in terms of career advancement and they WILL call you on your days off when they are short-staffed there is no shortage of overtime.
Pros
good money per hour, lots of overtime available, easy to swap a shift
Cons
long hours - 11-9 shifts, can get out late when you are closing shop, trolley tests etc

Other Lidl Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo25 February 2020
When I started in lidl I thought it was impossible but when I settled into the swing of the the fast pase busy days it was easy it becomes second nature.
Found management hard to deal with
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin17 February 2020
When I first start lidls I got on great with management and staff. As time progressed new management came in as jew staff and staff who were there longest were been messed around with there hours and contracts it soon came to light managers were hiring friends and giving them all the hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K