Life Style Sports

Life Style Sports Employee Reviews

Ireland66 reviews

Pay not great

fun environment but a pay increase for the job would be great. as the job is busy and fast pace i feel the pay could be more. also under20 pay is unfair

Pros

20%off

Cons

pay

Great people terrible managers

Staff can be very hit or miss, everyone tends to stick to their own cliques and the managers have favourites. Makes working there very unenjoyable. Hours and pay is terrible.

Pros

20% discount

Cons

Rude managers

Boring and rubbish wages

There was so few customers during the day despite it being a big store in a big shopping centre. Maybe 3 or 4 per hour. Nothing to do other than walk the same section of the floor over and over again. This would be fine it you got paid decently but the wages are really bad. Earned more as a supervisor in another store than a manager does in lifestyle. Progression doesnt inspire much ambition for this reason.

Pros

You can wear tracksuit bottoms

Cons

Terrible pay

Good

Good for a job. Lots of jobs with this job. Jobbing around and good jobsSome jobs will be for cleaning the job. Sometimes the job is worth a job. Good for jobbing.

Pros

Yellowing tuna for lunch

Cons

Some basketball

Not good

Not a great company to work for. No benefits, no perks. 20% staff discount on clothes you have to wear to work 5 days a week, no uniform allowance. Team are under paid. Company has a toxic culture, other managers are treated differently if they look the part they will go all the way regardless of all complaints put in against them.

No work life balance and unprofessional

Stressful draining hours, no incentives, lack of appreciation for hours and time put into the job, and seriously unprofessional management. If you don’t live and breathe for the company you won’t get anywhere

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours, no bonus or incentives

Horrible place to work

Horrible the pay is nothing for the work your expected to do and supervisers are called team leaders so they can pay you less even tho your cash handling and running the shop like a manager would

Avoid!

Terrible senior management -employees are treated awfully. There’s a reason why they’re advertising so many vacant roles!Low pay and unrealistic expectations.

Awful

Managers were middle aged women who treated workers awful , very condescending and gave hours they knew unable to do. Pay is not worth it and will be in the same place for whole shift. Only benefit is some employees were nice

Cons

It's a great place to start off but overall the pay is poor,you could easily go anywhere else and get paid more for the same hours

When I started it was great,good management,great hours and overall a good working environment but I've been there just over a year and the company has degraded exponentially.We got new mangers that are terrible at their job and rude to staff. Supposedly it's like that at most lifestyle sports shops across Ireland. Overall you'd be better off working anywhere else

Pros

Only pro is the 20 percent discount you get

Cons

Low pay, Bad management, Bad hours

Lovely atmosphere

Made friends for life. Didnt want to leave but had completed college and went on to an office job team work got jobs done quickly together good discount

Pros

Staff members

Cons

Quiet periods time dragged

Not paid enough

A very inclusive environment to work in. Team members are always very positive and go out of their way to help customers. The only downside to this job would be the pay.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Hourly rate

Avoid at all costs

Terrible management who bully team members and belittle them on the shop floor. And the management higher up are even worse who allow this to happen, doesn’t matter how many times it’s reported to ‘HR’ if you could even call it that, nothing is done. Lifestyle want there managers to be the bully and hence they leave a horrible working environment for staff. Do not work here there are much nicer places to work!

Pros

Nice team members who are all of similar age

Cons

Terrible management, no brand values as they promote so freely.

Really good and friendly envoirmrnt

Really great for in store progression once you put your back into it. Great team and great BC. really love recognition you get for your work and get appreciated for things you do

Pros

Discount for apparel

in my opinion avoid.

i have worked in the company for couple of months i have now left , the interview goes all good until you actually start, they dont include u unless your there age never invite you anywhere when they would talk about going out infront of you the managers are very hypocritical and rude over simple stuff treat you as if they are better than you , the pay!!! absolute horrible not liveable at all , you barely get hours unless your very friendly with managers. you do get some really nice people but it is like 3 out of the whole store. also heard manager only hire you if they think there goodlooking and ive heard that they check your social media before hand too.

Pros

discount, some nice people

Cons

rude managers. unfair pay

Not a nice place to work

The staff are the best part of the job. You will find the most amazing friends and people in LSS but not much else good about the place. The management are difficult to work with. Nice to the people they like and horrible to the people they don’t. They aren’t very understanding with time off or holidays. From personal experience they haven’t treated other staff members very well and have talked about people behind their back to other staff members in a negative way. Hours aren’t bad as you’ll be finished by 9:30/9:45 max if working closing shift. The pay is laughable. Overall would only recommend as a first job or one for college but wouldn’t recommend long term.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Management and

Values, Social = Attractive party Boy/Girl, Inspirational = Pushes the ‘cult’ on others, Fearless = Accepts the inappropriate culture

This is a tough environment to do well in if you don’t fit the Lifestyle mould. The CEO has to like you or no one will. The management team will not challenge him. The culture is an issue, HR is an issue. When the management team are in bad form the whole team feels it and everyone stays silent until the mist lifts. There are a lot of undeveloped people taking on responsibility their not capable of and this impacts many. Authentic relationships are not nurtured. There are no benefits to working here other than parties, progression is limited, no bonus, no pension, no healthcare, no maternity or sick pay. You are underpaid and the expectations on you are high. Most people leave within 1 - 2 years. No one internally questions this the high turnover. Avoid for your mental health.

Pros

Gym membership & 20% staff discount.

Cons

Culture, benefits, progression, leadership.

Poor culture

A lot of the team were great to work with but a strong sense of us Vs them when comparing buying teams to others. You're encouraged to work over hours regularly with no perks or benefits to help morale. Typically there'll be the odd staff night out which is pretty much mandatory to attend, you'll get called into a meeting with your line manager if you don't. So only reward you get is being forced into situations with everyone drinking copioy amounts of alcohol.You work for far below average pay and will be told every year there's a pay freeze while others get pay rises. Lack of integrity and transparency. Only time I was offered a reasonable pay increase was when I handed in my notice. Glad I didn't take it as I had the CEO ignore me for my 3 month notice period when I was on a salary of 25k. Why keep me for 3 months if you don't want to acknowledge my existence?

Pros

Cons

Low pay, lack of progression, zero benefits

Seems great on paper....

When I was offered a job at Lifestyle I was delighted. Getting to work for a company that seemed to be really cool and young, and that talk about being 'social, inspirational and fearless' was great, but unfortunatley having worked there for 2 years I can tell you that the experience was very very different. I wish I'd spoken to more people before making the move! - it seems like all the good people in stores and office leave! My experience of Head office is that it's a very competitive place, they talk the talk and don't walk the walk. I found most people wanted to come across as amazing in hte eyes of the senior management team and CEO, when the reality was that were no good at managing store teams or their colleagues. Noone is willing to push back to management so store teams end up being stuck in the middle, and very rarely did management seem to take any of our stores advice. Also pay is apalling relative is other jobs out there, there are no perks (they'll say there are, but the discount is almost half of what you'd get in most other retail jobs) and the annual leave policy is awful!

Pros

young staff

Cons

low pay, stressful, competitive

Minimum wage, no pay rise with higher roles, 0 job satisfaction.

Was made a full time supervisor and only received an extra €10 a week, as key holder. I still received minimum wage even though I had many managerial duties. Found it really disappointing. Rosters were often given only the day before the new week. Felt like I had to apologise profusely anytime I was genuinely sick.

Cons

Long hours, minimum wage

Dealing with public and having a good set of brand values with the company was excellent

Great staff, very enjoyable would 100% recommend to someone Training days where always fun and training tools provided are extreamly helpful for selling products

Pros

Enjoyable, fun social

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Style Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement