Life Style Sports Employee Reviews

Good
Sales Team Leader- Acting Manager- Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Cavan2 September 2019
Good Irish company which supplies quality sporting and fashion products. Very enjoyable to work for and very good platform to potentially gain promotions
Productive and very enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sligo Town, County Sligo3 August 2019
Great team of people, amazing company to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for this company and all my team mates. I learned a lot in my time here in terms of management skills and delegating jobs. I also learned a lot more about working as a team.
Very underpaid overworked and undervalued
Sales team member (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 July 2019
I worked in Lifestyle for a bit and was earning around €7.80 an hour . I felt like they didn't value myself or my colleagues in anyway by always having long delays for those on the closing shift and had no regard for staffs personal commitments outside work . Instead of tearing that made us use an app we'd have to get 100% on and get over 30% on email receipts in order to swap shift as I like many am a student I felt it wasn't practical to be reaching sales targets and constantly stressed over work while only on €7.80 . I also felt that my manager did not make the effort to assist me in any way and was very dismissive of the fact I had told them I couldn't work on a Thursday and put me working on s Thursday I revived a waiting although I had advised on many occasions that I couldn't work on a Thursday and on that particular day .
Cons
Company very unsupportive about time off and disregard your flexibility
Your rewarded by your work ethic
store manager (Former Employee) –  County Cork, Limerick, Ennis,16 May 2019
Worked for the company for 8 years
Progressed from trainee manager to store manager. You get out what you put in.. Once you have the drive and motivation It will help. Training on management side is very good your eye for talent is needed.
Pros
Progression, salary, hours
Cons
N/a
20 May 2019

It is great to hear that you progressed on a number of occasions during your incredible service with the Brand. This is testament to the Brand Values you displayed and your commitment to us, along with the support of our Management Academy and training modules to harness your talent.
The journey of our Team Members and their continued progression is at the heart of the Brand and we will continue to drive our People Development forward. We wish you the very best for the future.

Great training and progression
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2019
This is a brilliant place to work and unlike any other retailer I've ever worked for. They give you a lot of training and they really want to see everyone progress. Really enjoying my time here, although it is fast paced, there is always someone at the end of the phone to answer questions if needed, like the regional manager or HR or even other managers in different stores. Very good for doing events.
Pros
Good training and progress. Fun brand events.
Cons
Working some weekends
customer service and working as a cashier (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare6 April 2019
It was my first ever sales job so i learnt alot from it, such as customer experience, being a cashier, working in and group, i also proved on my people skills
Pros
Got a discount
Cons
great learning, friendly and fun workplace,
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Galway6 March 2019
A great place to work and progress. I have learnt so much over the years and continue to learn and grow with the company. They provide amazing training for Management and team members. I started off a sales team member and progressed to store manager.
Pros
great progression within the company, fun workplace, positive vibes
13 March 2019

We are delighted to hear that you have had such an EPIC journey with the brand and we are very excited by your continued development and progression. This is testament to your ability to inspire those around you with your fearless ambition to succeed.

The training we provide is comprehensive throughout your journey and includes a coaching, mentoring and group sessions for you to build using other experiences at varying levels of management.

We also encourage our teams to use our in house app training, this is a way of propelling your knowledge at your own convenience.

Thank you for your feedback and good luck with your bright future!

Fun, energetic workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  County Kerry6 March 2019
Very enjoyable place to work. The company is all about its people and their development. Lifestyle is a vey open company with head office based in Dublin you are encourage to contact anyone from any department to help you achieve your goals and progress within the brand.
Pros
100% Irish owned, Team discount, Training, Compnay events
Fun and Engaging Work Environment
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Enjoyable and incredibly engaging environment! An absolute pleasure working alongside such a talented bunch of colleagues. This aspect in particular encourages you to perform to the very best of your own abilities, while having fun at the same time.
A Great Place to Grow!
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
Life Style sports has invested in my development and has helped me embrace my skills and develop them further through internal and external training courses, mobile app training and a mentoring support system. This brand genuinely knows good talent and how to invest in it.

Working for an Irish brand and having the head office in Ireland gives you a chance to work along side the leadership team and ultimately gives you the opportunity to be part of the success story.

EPIC brand, great leadership and solid progression!
Pros
Irish brand, Organic Growth, Staff Discount, Training, Team Engagement
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow4 January 2019
really influential and beneficial time working in Lifestyle. Learned to maintain excellent communication skills and provide exceptional customer service and assistant perpetually.
13 March 2019

Thank you for your comments, we are very happy to hear that you were able to develop your skills further during your time with the Brand.

It is important for us to embrace and challenge the individual skills and talents of our Team Members to ensure they feel fully engaged and challenged in order to grow further within our Brand or within a new opportunity externally.

Overall good place to work
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 December 2018
I worked for Lifestyle Sports for a number of years and while I generally enjoyed my time working there, there has been a huge change in how they treat the staff in the stores. This hasn’t been a positive change at all and a number of strong Sales Team Members, leaders and management have left as a result. The head office would rarely give positive feedback to my store even though we worked extremely hard which was evident from our weekly sales. I gradually became defeated and there was little to no incentive to give 100%. The people I worked with and my managers was the best part of my job. The so called brand values enforced by the company are outdated and cringey. Also being forced to ask people for their email address even if they were buying a pair of socks was embarrassing. Often I felt I gave so much to my job and got nothing in return and even at that the wages are terrible and they take advantage of hiring people under the age of 20 in order to pay them less. I understand this seems like a bad review but it’s really not, it’s a company that has seen a lot of change in the last few years but I think they sometimes forget about the people on the frontline. Example: completely new shop floor and not even a new chair put into the staffroom.
Pros
Nice stores, friendly staff, flexible working hours
Cons
Little recognition, few benefits, top management highly unrealistic
11 March 2019

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your personal feeling was that you were not recognised for your efforts although I am glad the Management team you were working with were the best part of the role. We continue to drive the Management team to recognise and reward talented Team Members within their stores and the Brand Centre will continue to give them the best tools available to support in doing so. We believe our Brand Values embody the culture and talent that you will meet in stores every day. The values support us throughout the hiring process which is a direct representation of the individuals and Management team you spoke highly of. Again thank you for your comments as these will help us become a stronger brand for the future.

Average work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin city centre21 November 2018
A typical day at Lifestyle Sports with include cleaning stock room ensuring stock level was maintained .

Working on till management cash handling customers purchases

Providing product knowledge to customers benefits and features of the items sold in store
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Salary
11 March 2019

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you have outlined some of the day to day tasks that you could be involved with.

Talented performers will notice their roles diversify over time around their key skills, this can include Commercial management, Recruitment, HR, Visual Merchandising, Loss Prevention and Social Media within the store.

As a Brand there is so much opportunity for good talent to progress into, working closely with the whole Management team the Regional and Field Manager's learn about individual talents and work towards bringing that skill to life.

As a Proudly Irish brand with a head office in Dublin City Centre, we pride ourselves on organic growth and 75% of our Brand Centre team, including our Regional Managers, Creatives, Visual Merchandisers and Buyers have come from within a Life Style Sports store.

Productive and stimulating.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin1 October 2018
Fast-paced environment, communication skills tested regularly, constantly meeting new people and doing so with enjoyment. Easy going environment. Strived to be the bets member of the team.
Lifestyle Franchise in Arnotts great employer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 September 2018
The working culture here was excellent. I learned a lot in my short time with Lifestyle and I would not have left if I didn't have to complete my internship for my Degree.
Pros
Good staff discounts
Cons
having to work Bank Holidays and every Sunday
Generaly ok
Sales/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlow Town, County Carlow3 September 2018
Typical day at work began opening for 8am and unpaking and preparing the new clothes or footwear, Management was always fair never had any issues. hardest part of the job was only being paid minimum wage
Cons
spitshifts
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2018
Fun,Energetic place to work
Young environment to work in
Salary isn't great if it's your first job
Great for someone looking to get a part time job while on summer holidays
productive
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  IE19 May 2018
I had a lot of tasks and it kept me busy and gained key skill from there, workers were nice and helpful. The discounts were alright got a lot of consumer and footballers
Pros
meeting footballers
Cons
lot of work
Productive and Fun Place
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin19 January 2018
Great place to work for any individual. Was a fantastic place to work during my final year of college. Great people, great management and great culture. Would recommend to anyone.
Team Leader
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grafton street dublin 226 October 2017
management were not friendly,

No progression within the company,

No morale within the company,

folding clothes, serving customers, day in day out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Style Sports. Our community is ready to answer.