Life Style Sports

Life Style Sports Employee Reviews

I worked in LSS for almost 3 year (2y Sales team leader). Gave 120% into this job! Never got anything in return. The management in my shop (flagship store) was great, thankfully. However, higher management... I don´t even know what to say to be honest. My store was in the top 3 at all times, sales, online sales, customer service, product knowledge, add-ons, etc. However, somehow the budget for working hours was always missing, so everyone was constantly overworked and stressed. I wanted to progress and got into this program for the management team (even though technically the STL IS management team, but in this case it only meant being on the till and doing refunds and cash). In this course I realized that my manager let me do much more then a regular STL would and I had a lot of knowledge about actually managing the shop, the team and the stock. Also I always had really good feedback from 4 members of my shop management team, however, I did not manage to get this position, even though I really deserved it. It has been a few years that I left LSS (Mainly because of this reason) and for a long time I felt that it was my fault and I didn´t have enough confidence, as they told me. Now I understand that this is not true at all, the only thing I was missing was the personality they would like, as I am not camping on social media for a living and I was not the profile they wanted for this role. I have to mention that I did post about LSS a lot and that I sacrificed a lot (and I mean a lot) of my personal time for the job.Dear LSS Team, sometimes it´s more important to have capable - more...
Pros
the team, learned a lot about fashion, Vm, retail management
Cons
everything else
Was made a full time supervisor and only received an extra €10 a week, as key holder. I still received minimum wage even though I had many managerial duties. Found it really disappointing. Rosters were often given only the day before the new week. Felt like I had to apologise profusely anytime I was genuinely sick.
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage
Great staff, very enjoyable would 100% recommend to someone Training days where always fun and training tools provided are extreamly helpful for selling products
Pros
Enjoyable, fun social
Cons
Pay
Great place for making new friends or if u are in college and need part time but not a good job money wise. Most people only work here part time while their in college but would not recommend full time
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad pay
Worked on the till & restocking shelves, setting up displays as well as assisting customers with any issues or complains Stocktaking & developing good interpersonal skills dealing with customers Working successfully as part of a team Organizing work schedules
Pros
Good Management
Cons
not a lot of Hours
Worked there for 9 months and did not enjoy one day. Staff were already in cliques making it hard for new staff to fit in. Management were unfair and did not treat staff with respect.
Pros
Na
Cons
If there was a 0 star for management id be giving it .i was told to wear make up by 2 members of the management team which made me feel very self conscious to be “selfie ready” which I found on top of the stress of working there for €7.50an hour
managers and staff are very friendly , supportive and understanding very welcoming place to work. they have good accommodating hours for college students also
Dealing with customers every day was definelty one of the best parts of the job, i also liked the level of responsibility that was assigned to me. Whether that be cash handling or creating the weekly time sheets.
Good Irish company which supplies quality sporting and fashion products. Very enjoyable to work for and very good platform to potentially gain promotions
Great team of people, amazing company to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for this company and all my team mates. I learned a lot in my time here in terms of management skills and delegating jobs. I also learned a lot more about working as a team.
I worked in Lifestyle for a bit and was earning around €7.80 an hour . I felt like they didn't value myself or my colleagues in anyway by always having long delays for those on the closing shift and had no regard for staffs personal commitments outside work . Instead of tearing that made us use an app we'd have to get 100% on and get over 30% on email receipts in order to swap shift as I like many am a student I felt it wasn't practical to be reaching sales targets and constantly stressed over work while only on €7.80 . I also felt that my manager did not make the effort to assist me in any way and was very dismissive of the fact I had told them I couldn't work on a Thursday and put me working on s Thursday I revived a waiting although I had advised on many occasions that I couldn't work on a Thursday and on that particular day .
Cons
Company very unsupportive about time off and disregard your flexibility
Worked for the company for 8 years Progressed from trainee manager to store manager. You get out what you put in.. Once you have the drive and motivation It will help. Training on management side is very good your eye for talent is needed.
Pros
Progression, salary, hours
Cons
N/a
20 May 2019
It is great to hear that you progressed on a number of occasions during your incredible service with the Brand. This is testament to the Brand Values you displayed and your commitment to us, along with the support of our Management Academy and training modules to harness your talent. The journey of our Team Members and their continued progression is at the heart of the Brand and we will continue to drive our People Development forward. We wish you the very best for the future.
This is a brilliant place to work and unlike any other retailer I've ever worked for. They give you a lot of training and they really want to see everyone progress. Really enjoying my time here, although it is fast paced, there is always someone at the end of the phone to answer questions if needed, like the regional manager or HR or even other managers in different stores. Very good for doing events.
Pros
Good training and progress. Fun brand events.
Cons
Working some weekends
It was my first ever sales job so i learnt alot from it, such as customer experience, being a cashier, working in and group, i also proved on my people skills
Pros
Got a discount
Cons
A great place to work and progress. I have learnt so much over the years and continue to learn and grow with the company. They provide amazing training for Management and team members. I started off a sales team member and progressed to store manager.
Pros
great progression within the company, fun workplace, positive vibes
13 March 2019
We are delighted to hear that you have had such an EPIC journey with the brand and we are very excited by your continued development and progression. This is testament to your ability to inspire those around you with your fearless ambition to succeed. The training we provide is comprehensive throughout your journey and includes a coaching, mentoring and group sessions for you to build using other experiences at varying levels of management. We also encourage our teams to use our in house app training, this is a way of propelling your knowledge at your own convenience. Thank you for your feedback and good luck with your bright future!
Very enjoyable place to work. The company is all about its people and their development. Lifestyle is a vey open company with head office based in Dublin you are encourage to contact anyone from any department to help you achieve your goals and progress within the brand.
Pros
100% Irish owned, Team discount, Training, Compnay events
Enjoyable and incredibly engaging environment! An absolute pleasure working alongside such a talented bunch of colleagues. This aspect in particular encourages you to perform to the very best of your own abilities, while having fun at the same time.
Life Style sports has invested in my development and has helped me embrace my skills and develop them further through internal and external training courses, mobile app training and a mentoring support system. This brand genuinely knows good talent and how to invest in it. Working for an Irish brand and having the head office in Ireland gives you a chance to work along side the leadership team and ultimately gives you the opportunity to be part of the success story. EPIC brand, great leadership and solid progression!
Pros
Irish brand, Organic Growth, Staff Discount, Training, Team Engagement
really influential and beneficial time working in Lifestyle. Learned to maintain excellent communication skills and provide exceptional customer service and assistant perpetually.
13 March 2019
Thank you for your comments, we are very happy to hear that you were able to develop your skills further during your time with the Brand. It is important for us to embrace and challenge the individual skills and talents of our Team Members to ensure they feel fully engaged and challenged in order to grow further within our Brand or within a new opportunity externally.
I worked for Lifestyle Sports for a number of years and while I generally enjoyed my time working there, there has been a huge change in how they treat the staff in the stores. This hasn’t been a positive change at all and a number of strong Sales Team Members, leaders and management have left as a result. The head office would rarely give positive feedback to my store even though we worked extremely hard which was evident from our weekly sales. I gradually became defeated and there was little to no incentive to give 100%. The people I worked with and my managers was the best part of my job. The so called brand values enforced by the company are outdated and cringey. Also being forced to ask people for their email address even if they were buying a pair of socks was embarrassing. Often I felt I gave so much to my job and got nothing in return and even at that the wages are terrible and they take advantage of hiring people under the age of 20 in order to pay them less. I understand this seems like a bad review but it’s really not, it’s a company that has seen a lot of change in the last few years but I think they sometimes forget about the people on the frontline. Example: completely new shop floor and not even a new chair put into the staffroom.
Pros
Nice stores, friendly staff, flexible working hours
Cons
Little recognition, few benefits, top management highly unrealistic
11 March 2019
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your personal feeling was that you were not recognised for your efforts although I am glad the Management team you were working with were the best part of the role. We continue to drive the Management team to recognise and reward talented Team Members within their stores and the Brand Centre will continue to give them the best tools available to support in doing so. We believe our Brand Values embody the culture and talent that you will meet in stores every day. The values support us throughout the hiring process which is a direct representation of the individuals and Management team you spoke highly of. Again thank you for your comments as these will help us become a stronger brand for the future.