Life Style Sports logo
Life Style Sports

Life Style Sports Employee Reviews

Avoid if possible

I worked in LSS for almost 3 year (2y Sales team leader). Gave 120% into this job! Never got anything in return. The management in my shop (flagship store) was great, thankfully. However, higher management... I don´t even know what to say to be honest. My store was in the top 3 at all times, sales, online sales, customer service, product knowledge, add-ons, etc. However, somehow the budget for working hours was always missing, so everyone was constantly overworked and stressed. I wanted to progress and got into this program for the management team (even though technically the STL IS management team, but in this case it only meant being on the till and doing refunds and cash). In this course I realized that my manager let me do much more then a regular STL would and I had a lot of knowledge about actually managing the shop, the team and the stock. Also I always had really good feedback from 4 members of my shop management team, however, I did not manage to get this position, even though I really deserved it. It has been a few years that I left LSS (Mainly because of this reason) and for a long time I felt that it was my fault and I didn´t have enough confidence, as they told me. Now I understand that this is not true at all, the only thing I was missing was the personality they would like, as I am not camping on social media for a living and I was not the profile they wanted for this role. I have to mention that I did post about LSS a lot and that I sacrificed a lot (and I mean a lot) of my personal time for the job.Dear LSS Team, sometimes it´s more important to have capable -

Pros

the team, learned a lot about fashion, Vm, retail management

Cons

everything else

Not a nice place to work

The staff are the best part of the job. You will find the most amazing friends and people in LSS but not much else good about the place. The management are difficult to work with. Nice to the people they like and horrible to the people they don’t. They aren’t very understanding with time off or holidays. From personal experience they haven’t treated other staff members very well and have talked about people behind their back to other staff members in a negative way. Hours aren’t bad as you’ll be finished by 9:30/9:45 max if working closing shift. The pay is laughable. Overall would only recommend as a first job or one for college but wouldn’t recommend long term.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Management and

Poor culture

A lot of the team were great to work with but a strong sense of us Vs them when comparing buying teams to others. You're encouraged to work over hours regularly with no perks or benefits to help morale. Typically there'll be the odd staff night out which is pretty much mandatory to attend, you'll get called into a meeting with your line manager if you don't. So only reward you get is being forced into situations with everyone drinking copioy amounts of alcohol.You work for far below average pay and will be told every year there's a pay freeze while others get pay rises. Lack of integrity and transparency. Only time I was offered a reasonable pay increase was when I handed in my notice. Glad I didn't take it as I had the CEO ignore me for my 3 month notice period when I was on a salary of 25k. Why keep me for 3 months if you don't want to acknowledge my existence?

Pros

Cons

Low pay, lack of progression, zero benefits

Seems great on paper....

When I was offered a job at Lifestyle I was delighted. Getting to work for a company that seemed to be really cool and young, and that talk about being 'social, inspirational and fearless' was great, but unfortunatley having worked there for 2 years I can tell you that the experience was very very different. I wish I'd spoken to more people before making the move! - it seems like all the good people in stores and office leave! My experience of Head office is that it's a very competitive place, they talk the talk and don't walk the walk. I found most people wanted to come across as amazing in hte eyes of the senior management team and CEO, when the reality was that were no good at managing store teams or their colleagues. Noone is willing to push back to management so store teams end up being stuck in the middle, and very rarely did management seem to take any of our stores advice. Also pay is apalling relative is other jobs out there, there are no perks (they'll say there are, but the discount is almost half of what you'd get in most other retail jobs) and the annual leave policy is awful!

Pros

young staff

Cons

low pay, stressful, competitive

Minimum wage, no pay rise with higher roles, 0 job satisfaction.

Was made a full time supervisor and only received an extra €10 a week, as key holder. I still received minimum wage even though I had many managerial duties. Found it really disappointing. Rosters were often given only the day before the new week. Felt like I had to apologise profusely anytime I was genuinely sick.

Cons

Long hours, minimum wage

Dealing with public and having a good set of brand values with the company was excellent

Great staff, very enjoyable would 100% recommend to someone Training days where always fun and training tools provided are extreamly helpful for selling products

Pros

Enjoyable, fun social

Cons

Pay

Good place to work people wise but pay is not great.

Great place for making new friends or if u are in college and need part time but not a good job money wise. Most people only work here part time while their in college but would not recommend full time

Pros

Nice People

Cons

Bad pay

Worked on the till & restocking shelves, setting up displays as well as assisting customers with any issues or complains Stocktaking & developing good interpersonal skills dealing with customers Working successfully as part of a team Organizing work schedules

Pros

Good Management

Cons

not a lot of Hours

Terrible Company

Worked there for 9 months and did not enjoy one day. Staff were already in cliques making it hard for new staff to fit in. Management were unfair and did not treat staff with respect.

Pros

Na

Stressful ,little pay unprofessional management

If there was a 0 star for management id be giving it .i was told to wear make up by 2 members of the management team which made me feel very self conscious to be “selfie ready” which I found on top of the stress of working there for €7.50an hour

Jobs at Life Style Sports

See more jobs

fun workplace

managers and staff are very friendly , supportive and understanding very welcoming place to work. they have good accommodating hours for college students also

productive and fun workplace

Dealing with customers every day was definelty one of the best parts of the job, i also liked the level of responsibility that was assigned to me. Whether that be cash handling or creating the weekly time sheets.

Good

Good Irish company which supplies quality sporting and fashion products. Very enjoyable to work for and very good platform to potentially gain promotions

Productive and very enjoyable place to work

Great team of people, amazing company to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for this company and all my team mates. I learned a lot in my time here in terms of management skills and delegating jobs. I also learned a lot more about working as a team.

Very underpaid overworked and undervalued

I worked in Lifestyle for a bit and was earning around €7.80 an hour . I felt like they didn't value myself or my colleagues in anyway by always having long delays for those on the closing shift and had no regard for staffs personal commitments outside work . Instead of tearing that made us use an app we'd have to get 100% on and get over 30% on email receipts in order to swap shift as I like many am a student I felt it wasn't practical to be reaching sales targets and constantly stressed over work while only on €7.80 . I also felt that my manager did not make the effort to assist me in any way and was very dismissive of the fact I had told them I couldn't work on a Thursday and put me working on s Thursday I revived a waiting although I had advised on many occasions that I couldn't work on a Thursday and on that particular day .

Cons

Company very unsupportive about time off and disregard your flexibility

Your rewarded by your work ethic

Worked for the company for 8 years Progressed from trainee manager to store manager. You get out what you put in.. Once you have the drive and motivation It will help. Training on management side is very good your eye for talent is needed.

Pros

Progression, salary, hours

Cons

N/a

Official response from Life Style Sports

20 May 2019
It is great to hear that you progressed on a number of occasions during your incredible service with the Brand. This is testament to the Brand Values you displayed and your commitment to us, along with the support of our Management Academy and training modules to harness your talent. The journey of our Team Members and their continued progression is at the heart of the Brand and we will continue to drive our People Development forward. We wish you the very best for the future.

Great training and progression

This is a brilliant place to work and unlike any other retailer I've ever worked for. They give you a lot of training and they really want to see everyone progress. Really enjoying my time here, although it is fast paced, there is always someone at the end of the phone to answer questions if needed, like the regional manager or HR or even other managers in different stores. Very good for doing events.

Pros

Good training and progress. Fun brand events.

Cons

Working some weekends

It was my first ever sales job so i learnt alot from it, such as customer experience, being a cashier, working in and group, i also proved on my people skills

Pros

Got a discount

Cons

great learning, friendly and fun workplace,

A great place to work and progress. I have learnt so much over the years and continue to learn and grow with the company. They provide amazing training for Management and team members. I started off a sales team member and progressed to store manager.

Pros

great progression within the company, fun workplace, positive vibes

Official response from Life Style Sports

13 March 2019
We are delighted to hear that you have had such an EPIC journey with the brand and we are very excited by your continued development and progression. This is testament to your ability to inspire those around you with your fearless ambition to succeed. The training we provide is comprehensive throughout your journey and includes a coaching, mentoring and group sessions for you to build using other experiences at varying levels of management. We also encourage our teams to use our in house app training, this is a way of propelling your knowledge at your own convenience. Thank you for your feedback and good luck with your bright future!

Fun, energetic workplace

Very enjoyable place to work. The company is all about its people and their development. Lifestyle is a vey open company with head office based in Dublin you are encourage to contact anyone from any department to help you achieve your goals and progress within the brand.

Pros

100% Irish owned, Team discount, Training, Compnay events

Fun and Engaging Work Environment

Enjoyable and incredibly engaging environment! An absolute pleasure working alongside such a talented bunch of colleagues. This aspect in particular encourages you to perform to the very best of your own abilities, while having fun at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Style Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement