Life Style Sports

Life Style Sports Employee Reviews for Sales Leader

Sales Leader6 reviews
Ireland6 reviews
I worked for Lifestyle Sports for a number of years and while I generally enjoyed my time working there, there has been a huge change in how they treat the staff in the stores. This hasn’t been a positive change at all and a number of strong Sales Team Members, leaders and management have left as a result. The head office would rarely give positive feedback to my store even though we worked extremely hard which was evident from our weekly sales. I gradually became defeated and there was little to no incentive to give 100%. The people I worked with and my managers was the best part of my job. The so called brand values enforced by the company are outdated and cringey. Also being forced to ask people for their email address even if they were buying a pair of socks was embarrassing. Often I felt I gave so much to my job and got nothing in return and even at that the wages are terrible and they take advantage of hiring people under the age of 20 in order to pay them less. I understand this seems like a bad review but it’s really not, it’s a company that has seen a lot of change in the last few years but I think they sometimes forget about the people on the frontline. Example: completely new shop floor and not even a new chair put into the staffroom.
Pros
Nice stores, friendly staff, flexible working hours
Cons
Little recognition, few benefits, top management highly unrealistic
Official response from Life Style Sports
11 March 2019
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your personal feeling was that you were not recognised for your efforts although I am glad the Management team you were working with were the best part of the role. We continue to drive the Management team to recognise and reward talented Team Members within their stores and the Brand Centre will continue to give them the best tools available to support in doing so. We believe our Brand Values embody the culture and talent that you will meet in stores every day. The values support us throughout the hiring process which is a direct representation of the individuals and Management team you spoke highly of. Again thank you for your comments as these will help us become a stronger brand for the future.
Worked on the till & restocking shelves, setting up displays as well as assisting customers with any issues or complains Stocktaking & developing good interpersonal skills dealing with customers Working successfully as part of a team Organizing work schedules
Pros
Good Management
Cons
not a lot of Hours
Fun,Energetic place to work
Young environment to work in

Salary isn't great if it's your first job

Great for someone looking to get a part time job while on summer holidays
management were not friendly,

No progression within the company,

No morale within the company,

folding clothes, serving customers, day in day out.
Working in Lifestyle Sports was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed every minute off it. It gave me great experience in terms of dealing with customers, managing a stockroom, visual merchandising as well as learning how to work in a fast paced environment. Everyday could be different as styles and trends can change as you must always make sure the top styles are at eye level so its the first thing people notice. It also gave me a great insight to management as I was a Sales Team Leader and gave me a whole new experience and responsibility.

I worked with the best crew and worked in a fantastic culture and atmosphere that has been created within the company.
Pros
Experience and culture
Cons
Tough working every weekend
an average day in Lifestyle Sports included opening and closing the store, counting and dealing with cash, tills and floats, making rotas, delegating jobs for the day for other staff members, processing deliveries, keeping shop floor up to standards and shoppable, dealing with customer queries and complaints as well as office work such as working with head office, dealing with emails and also working with brands such as nike, asics and speedo to test and learn about their new products.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Life Style Sports?